Festive Recipes New Kitchen

11 Fall Food Ideas For Someone New To The Kitchen

AKA Festive foods that probably won't burn down your kitchen nor poison your friends.

239
https://www.pexels.com/photo/agriculture-autumn-cropland-delicious-265315/

I am new to the kitchen and I'm a little intimidated by it. I have never been a fancy cook, but I love fancy meals. But since moving in, I have found some great ways to be creative in ways that won't burn down the kitchen or poison whoever eats it. This mostly involves avoiding anything that has the potential to poison, but one day I'll get the hang of cooking.

Right now, I'm getting excited about fall and I decided to pull together some easy recipes that anyone new to the kitchen could try as well. I chose every food idea while keeping in mind it should be simple, fun, and easy to eat as one person or share with your roommates. Personally, I don't want to spend too long preparing--I'm looking forward to the food!

I included a couple of drinks, a bunch of fun snacks, and finally a couple of meals. Enjoy!

1. Caramel Apple Mules

I'm suddenly seeing this recipe everywhere, which is exactly what made me excited for fall. Mules are great—but caramel apple mules? Amazing. I'm really excited to try this recipe with my roommates ASAP. Here is a recipe to try!

2. Pumpkin Spice Lattes

A great way to save a couple of dollars at Starbucks is to make it at home. Here is a recipe, but you can make it even simpler and just add a sprinkle of Pumpkin Spice to any beverage.

3. Candy Apple Slices

This one is such a good, simple idea that it doesn't even need a recipe. You need (1) an apple, (2) caramel, and (3) any kind of candy decoration. Cut the apple into slices and dip the slice halfway. Put on the toppings and cool. A snack is ready in an hour or two!

4. Pumpkin Muffins

This is so simple. Go to your nearest Trader Joe's and pick up "Pumpkin Bread Mix", and then add walnuts. These muffins (or bread) are great and ready easily!

5. Candy Popcorn

Candy and popcorn can come in any mixture and combination that you wish. I personally recommend this combination, which uses Rolos, M&Ms, and caramel for the perfect fall treat.

6. Mini Apple Pies

Here is a good recommendation! This recipe could get more complicated but the good news is that you can pick up pie crust from any grocery store. The mini pies are perfectly bite sized and easier to save for later!

7. Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes

Here is a more complicated recipe, but if you want a donut, you know its worth it. A great way to simplify a donut recipe is to skip the shaping and make donut holes instead. Just make a fluffy circle--its faster, easier, and just as good to taste!

8. Decorated Oatmeal

I have two favorite toppings for Oatmeal. The first is cinnamon and brown sugar mixed in with the oatmeal, topped with apples (cut into small pieces), crushed walnuts and a honey drizzle. The second is regular oatmeal topped with bananas (sliced), almond slices, and a honey drizzle. Both of these are good ideas, and there is room for creativity.

9. Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup

Another idea that doesn't need a recipe—the simpler, the better. I prefer rye toast, buttered on both sides, with American cheese and Campbell's Tomato Soup on the side. It's perfect for when the weather gets colder and you need a simple meal.

10. Mac 'n' Cheese and Cornbread

Another great, simple meal for colder weather. This one can be as easy as Annie's Mac 'n' Cheese with store-bought cornbread. Here is a corn bread recipe for those feeling creative—and it's another great time to make mini muffins to grab on the go as well.

11. Harvest Grain Bowl

This is a great time to get creative. When I think Harvest Grain Bowls, I go straight to some good Quinoa or brown rice, roasted sweet potatoes, green beans, and grilled chicken. This could take some time, or you could store-buy everything and throw it together yourself.

Happy Fall, and enjoy your kitchen!