10 Reasons Every Social-Media-Obsessed Girl Is Facebook's Biggest Fan

Sorry, Snapchat, we're kicking you back out.

73

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of other social media networks as well but here's why Facebook will always be the most near-and-dear to my heart.

1. Your username is your actual name

Let's face it, we've all felt the pang of disappointment when we search someone on Instagram but can't find them because their username has nothing to do with their actual name. Thankfully, our beloved Facebook makes stalking *SO* much easier - you really just need a name and your all set. Because in all honesty, how could we possibly live without lurking through our crush's family photos from Cabo 2010.

2. Memes. Memes. Memes. 

I don't know about you, but I personally think the ultimate form of flattery is.....getting tagged in a meme on Facebook. It truly is the best. Getting a notification that your best friend is equally as crazy as you and finds something so idiotic just as funny as you would is beyond heart-warming. And, finding the perfect relatable meme to tag a friend in just might be even better. Can you top that @teamsnapchat? Didn't think so.

3. Albums!

I'll be honest, I didn't get a Facebook until my freshman year of high school when it was required for my dance team. Even then, I thought it was ridiculous that I needed to be on a social media network with my grandparents. Nonetheless, I went with it, scrolling through every post until I noticed a trend - everyone kept adding photos to albums. So, naturally, yes.....I became one of those people who uploaded every photo from my camera roll to my Facebook albums. Why? Because nothing beats looking back at my album from every year of high school and all the insanely weird things I liked (and still like) to post.

4. The food videos

Tasty, Insider, you name it. If it involves food, they have my "Like."

I don't care what anyone says, the superior boredom-killer and procrastination-helper are watching recipe and food videos on your Facebook timeline. Not only are they extremely entertaining, but also super informative. When will I ever get around to making Unicorn Bark? Probably never. Don't care, though. It is still the best pastime.

5. Sharing events

It's almost 2019, Evite is out. And group chats on iMessage suck. If you want to invite people to something, Facebook definitely provides the most efficient way. It keeps the planner organized and the guests happy because we get to see who else is invited (come on, we all love the tea).

Facebook also gives us the best way to share events! If I had a nickel for every time I responded "Interested" to an event I've seen on Facebook and gone to it, I probably wouldn't be very rich (hehe). But the intention was there, and that's all that matters, right?

6. Helps you stay in touch

Okay, maybe I don't want to talk to the girl I sat next to in Chemistry junior year of high school anymore. I'm still here for the gossip, though. Thanks, Facebook, for giving me insight to the lives of everyone I have ever known - one, five, and ten years later.

7. Makes it easier to reach out the fam

Let's be honest here, none of us like calling our distant relatives to:

a) Wish them a happy holiday/birthday

b) Ask for something

c) Anything else our parents make us do

So, thank goodness we have Facebook (and so do they). Need money for a fundraiser? Post on Facebook. Selling raffle tickets? Post on Facebook. Great Aunt's birthday? Post. On. Facebook.

8. Birthdays made easier

I don't know about all of you, but in my family forgetting to wish someone a happy birthday is actual endgame. Hell breaks loose. Therefore, I am forever grateful for Facebook sending me a notification every time it's one of my friends' birthdays. If that wasn't enough, Facebook goes above & beyond by making it sooo easy to post on someone's timeline, donate to a birthday fundraiser, and even plan a surprise birthday party for your best friend (*hint hint*).