When It Comes To Relationships, Don't Be Afraid To Speak Your Mind

Say what you need to say.

597
Instagram

Often we fall short of expressing ourselves. We fear the unknown. We fear telling the truth. We fear falling in love, falling out of love, and losing people that we care about. How do we fix this? Say what you need to say.

As an introvert myself, I am always internalizing my feelings. I am a relatively blunt person, but when it comes to friendships or romantic relationships, I tend to hold back my feelings for many reasons. One reason is that I fear the other person does not feel the same way. I fear that I will lose someone I love. I ultimately fear the unknown in relationships.

In the past, I have stated my feelings in a certain situation and in the end, it burned that relationship. From this time, I feel as though I am more careful with my thoughts and feelings and more importantly how I convey them to others. Overall, I try to see the best in people. I try to look past the faults and forgive them for things that to others may seem unforgivable. We are human. We all make mistakes, but where do we draw the line?

That is a question I constantly ask myself. What is too much?

I have realized over time that what is important in any relationship is honesty. Transparency between partners or best friends is the glue to a stable relationship. Often, things are misconstrued over text message, email, or social media. Removing this will be one of your greatest accomplishments. It will reduce fighting and the ability to lose someone over just a few words exchanged.

With that being said, it is so important to clarify and expand on a thought if it may be viewed as confusing. I would personally rather say too much than too little. I would rather tell someone I love them now then wait for what "seems" like an appropriate period of time or moment. You have to start thinking in the frame of mind that "What would I tell them today if I were to die tomorrow?"

Communication is key to any romantic relationship. It is the basis of a relationship. To communicate. To express one's feelings on a daily basis. To tell the truth, even when it hurts. To love, to cry, to hurt, to laugh, to forgive. It is what we want most in life. To be loved by someone else. To have someone to come home to and tell about your good or bad day at work. Someone to hug you when you need it, hold you when you cry, and make you laugh like no other.

Those that fear this type of relationship need to open up their eyes to what it could be, give chances to those who deserve it, and realize that love is so hard to come by nowadays. Hold onto it if you find love. Tell them you love them every day. Show it by your actions and behavior. Help them feel secure. And then maybe one day you will marry your best friend and then saying it all, putting it out there... was totally worth it.