What I Learned From Being A Cheerleading Coach

I loved every minute of it.

49

I personally love cheerleading. It was something I was just drawn to. My mom also thought I would be a good cheerleader because I was always smiling, and I was loud. Everyone knows that cheerleaders are supposed to be peppy and loud, and that was me!

This love of cheerleading turned into me having a chance to coach flag cheerleaders when I was 13. I was given someone to coach with me that was on my competition team with me. Then there was also adult adviser coaches there, too.

We were able to make our own cheer and dance for the girls, and we ran the practices and it was a lot of fun. With my luck, I ended up doing all this myself because my other coach was pretty much a no-show. This happened to me almost every year I coached.

I personally really enjoyed this! I got to coach flag cheerleaders for 5 years and I loved every minute of it. During my senior year in high school, I was able to coach 5th-8th graders for their competition team. That was an extremely fun experience. And I became super close with many of them!