Everything to know as we head into Championship Sunday

NFL approaches championship Sunday, two will remain

2
ESPN

Championship Sunday is upon us for the National Football League and what a time to be a live for it: Sunday that features all elite quarterbacks who know how to light up the scoreboard, Ben Roethlisberger versus Tom Brady, while Aaron Rodgers visits Matt Ryan at the Georgia Dome for the last time.

Green Bay Packers @ Atlanta Falcons

Can Rodgers add to his application of greatest qb of all time or can Matty Ice continue to prove that it’s his time? In the final game of the Georgia Dome, Matty Ice’s offense will have a plethora of weapons at his disposal. Despite Julio Jones toe injury, Ryan will have the running back duo, Tevin Coleman and Davonta Freeman who proved their worth catching out the backfield as well running the ball effectively crushing the once elite Seahawks defense packing their bags home.

Whereas, the luck and playmaking of Rodgers lead to his Packers getting the win against Dallas last weekend will head into this game with all his weapons injured. Wide receivers Jordy Nelson, Davante Adams, Geronimo Allison, all have nagging injuries from broken ribs, nagging ankle and a hamstring respectively. They will be questionable up till game time, but that has not been the case this postseason Rodgers has been able to make it work with the use of his tight ends Jared Cook, and Richard Rodgers and wide-out Randall Cobb.

X-Factor: Falcons, Ryan, expose a secondary that is weak with all his weapons. Freeman to chew clock, defensive ends Dwight Freeneey and Vic Beasley.

Packers, Rodgers the team will go as far Rodgers takes them, defensively Ha Ha Clinton-Dix if he makes a play on Ryan, could be a game changer.

Winner: to quote Ludacris, “I wanna get you in the Georgia Dome on the 50 yard line, while the Dirty Birds kick for t'ree,” Atlanta wins by late field goal.

Pittsburgh Steelers @ New England Patriots

Each team will be looking to clinch its record ninth appearance in the Super bowl, will the Steelers have their version of the flu game with the bug floating around the locker room this week or will Brady and company go continue their version of sticking it to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and the NFL. The Killer B’s of the Steelers will look to attack this underrated Patriots defense, from the running attack of LeVon Bell and the play making of wide receiver Antonio Brown. They may have not scored on the Chiefs defense but they did eat yards and put them in scoring position. Big Ben will need to have a smart game if he looks to get a win in Foxboro where he is 0-2 in the championship round against New England.

Brady and company will look to build off the success utilized last week against the best defense in the league. Combination of smart Brady plays mixed with the run game provided by LaGarrette Blount.

X-Factor: Steelers, Bell, chew up the clock and keep the Pats offense on the sidelines, James Harrison, he set the tone this week does he follow it?

Patriots, Tommy Uggs, he is 16-3 in the post season at home, the game plan of coach Bill Belichick on the “Killer B’s.”

Winner: Tommy Uggs provides a game killing drive.