The Greatest Sports Film Speeches That You Absolutely Need In Your Everyday Life

Whether it's on the field, court or ice— it's where champions are born and where legends are crowned.

156

In the face of doubt, it's those places that bring forward both inspiration and motivation to a group of individuals, even spectators. In the scheme of things, that's exactly why sports films so elite in comparison to other genres out there. These sports films would be nothing without overcoming some sort of adversity, and that very same adversity is met with nothing short of courage, heroism, and fortitude.

Some speeches might be emotional and some might be humorous. Some might be angry and some aren't even said inside a locker room. Some are based on a true story and some are not, yet they all have one thing in common. Each film's speech has the ability to break down that wall and pull the viewer into the situation, letting us truly feel that surreal intensity. It's the perfect trifecta of superb directing, acting, and writing.

It doesn't matter who you are or where you're from, here are 20 of the greatest sports film speeches that you absolutely need in your everyday life to stay motivated:

1. "Miracle" (2004)

"This is your time. Their time is done. It's over. I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great hockey team the Soviets have. Screw 'em."

2. "Rocky Balboa" (2006)

"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it."

3. "Any Given Sunday" (1999)

"We are in hell right now, gentlemen. Believe me and we can stay here and get the shit kicked out of us or
we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb out of hell. One inch, at a time."

4. "Hoosiers" (1986)

"Forget about the crowds, the size of the school, their fancy uniforms, and remember what got you here."

5. "Pride of a Yankee" (1942)

"Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth."

6. "Remember the Titans" (2000)

"This is where they fought the battle of Gettysburg. Fifty thousand men died right here on this field, fightin' the same fight that we're still fightin' amongst ourselves today."

7. "D2: The Mighty Ducks" (1994)

"We're not goons. We're not bullies. No matter what people say or do we have to be ourselves."

8. "Friday Night Lights" (2004)

"It's not about winning. It's about you and your relationship to yourself, your family, and your friends. Being perfect is about being able to look your friends in the eye and know that you didn't let them down."

9. "The Sandlot" (1993)

"Everybody gets one chance to do something great. Most people never take the chance."

10. "Coach Carter" (2005)

"l came to coach basketball players, and you became students. l came to teach boys, and you became men."

11. "Facing The Giants" (2006)

"Keep going. Keep driving it. Keep your knees off the ground. That's it. Your very best. Don't quit on me."

12. "We Are Marshall" (2006)

"Six players, six teammates, six sons of Marshall. This is our past, gentlemen. This is where we have been, this is how we got here, this is who we are. Today."

13. "Field of Dreams" (1989)

"People will come, Ray. For reasons they cannot even fathom."

14. "The Blindside" (2009)

"But honor, that's the real reason for you either do something or you don't. It's who you are and maybe who you want to be. If you die trying for something important, then you have both honor and courage, and that's pretty good."

15. "Gridiron Gang" (2006)

Now is the time to prove to yourself and everyone out there that even though you're locked, you're somebody."

16. "Little Giants" (1994)

"When we were kids. We used to race our bikes down Cherry Hill every day after school. We raced every day and he always beat me, but one time— one time, I beat him."

17. "Rudy" (1993)

"Prove what? You are so full of crap. You are five feet nothing, 100 and noting. You hardly got a speck of athletic ability and you hung in with the best college football team in all the land for two years."

18. "Glory Road" (2006)

"Right now it's not about talent, it's about heart. It's about who will go out there and play the hardest."

19. "Invictus" (2009)

"Do you hear? Listen to your country. Seven minutes."

20. "Brian's Song" (1971)

"I think we should dedicate ourselves to give maximum effort to win this game."