Everyone Is A Role Model To Someone, You Are Mine

Thank you for being an amazing person and giving me someone I can always look up to.

684
Colleen Finney

Where do I begin? You've been in my life since the day I was born, no seriously, you were there. You've played a leader in the large team that has helped craft me into who I am today. Cause we all know it takes a village to raise an independent women like myself. Let's not forget about all the advice you've given me over the years and all the times I've asked for money and you've kindly obliged.

You've taught me that being tall is a gift and something that I should embrace and be confident about because you didn't always used to be that way. You've shown me how to be proud of my roots and where I come from. You've been through so much over the course of your life, therefore you give the best advice based off of your experiences. You've given me an amazing childhood and you're currently kicking me into becoming an adult.

I'm in awe of the way you communicate and interact with everyone in our community. Not only do you make an effort to talk to everyone, you leave a lasting impression while doing so. People know who you are and they know they can come to you even if it's something personal. Being a journalism major, my job will involve talking to a lot of people. I hope I can take on this same quality.

Something that has always amazed me is how successful you are at your job, without having a college education. You've proven, alongside many others, that you don't need a degree to be successful and knowledgeable in your profession. This gives me some hope that getting a college degree for myself will lead to the same success that you have shown is possible.

You have humility and willingness to admit your mistakes. I think this is an important trait to have that many don't. We're all humans. We all mess up everyday, but not everyone is willing to own up to that. You're not afraid to take ownership of your faults. Even more importantly, you're not afraid to fix them and make everything right again. I strive to be this way because it shows that you are a strong person if you can see your mistakes.

Most important of all, you're an amazing teacher even though I know you'll argue otherwise. Being a role model is the most powerful form of educating. The amount of knowledge you have is astounding and the way you share that with the world is in your own unique way. You've taught me and many of your peers lots of things. For example, you taught me how to ride a bike, how to shoot a gun (accurately), how to drive a car, even how to plant corn and soybeans. I hope to someday be able to teach others the things you've taught me.

I love you, dad.