5 Thank-Yous For The Little Things I'm Grateful For
Life Stages

5 Thank-Yous For The Little Things I'm Grateful For And The People Who Make Them Possible

It's that time of year again... here's what I am thankful for.

311
woman in had and checkered flannel smiling in field

It's that time of year again when we all should stop and think about all the different things in our lives that we are thankful for. Most of the time we don't really stop and truly think of all the different things that really make an impact in a positive way on our lives. So I have come up with a list of five things that I am thankful for, they're very general but some are specific to me and where I am currently in my life.

1. I am thankful for being both physically and mentally healthy

This is one that a lot of people may take for granted, as they don't deal with the same struggles that many people deal with on a daily basis. To be able to go through my daily life and not struggle with either a mental or physical illness is a definite blessing and I couldn't be more grateful that I am this lucky.

2. I am thankful for having amazing and true friends

Friends are truly a gift and when you have those friends that truly get you is a blessing. I think that many of us take this for granted because we think that we all are just supposed to have those people that are there for us. When actually some people don't have those people to lean on when times are tough or to go to when they're just having a bad day. So thank you to all my great friends and thank you for everything that you do for me!!

3. I am thankful for having a very close bond with both my parents

This is something that I am extremely grateful for and sometimes don't realize how truly lucky I am. After being at school for a few years I have come to realize that not all my friends have this same relationship with their parents. I know that I can go to either of my parents for anything and never have to feel like I can't talk to them. Even as a girl, I know that my dad is there for me, no matter the topic. Of course, my mom is there too and always has been. So thank you to both my parents for giving me this feeling of comfort and always having someone to go to when I need help or advice!

4. I am thankful for having the opportunity to go to college

This is one that may come as a surprise to many people but I know that not everyone has the chance to get a college education. There are many different reasons behind this and they make me even more grateful when I remember that I am able to. I know that by having the chance to get a college education I am further pursuing my learning and it is going to help me excel in the future once I am looking for a job in just short time! So thank you to everyone who has made this possible!

5. I am thankful for the opportunity to travel abroad

I am especially grateful for this one as I have headed to Australia this coming January. I know that not everyone has this opportunity so I am going to need to make sure to remind myself that this is an opportunity of a lifetime. Thank you to all the people that have made this possible and I can't wait to see where this journey will take me!