Here are 8 fun things to do with your friends this summer.
Life Stages

8 Things To Do This Summer When There Is Literally Nothing To Do

I live in a town better suited for middle-aged women.

53

After a long week of work and school, it's finally time to unwind with you're closest amigos. Watching Netflix and ordering in is really great, but gets old rather quickly. And standing in 90-degree weather for longer than five minutes is a no-go. If you're someone like me who lives in a town better suited for the average middle-aged woman, then you can understand the complexities of never having anything to do. Thankfully, over years of trials and error, I have curated a list of fun summer things to do with your friends. You would be surprised - a lot of the things we did as kids are still totally fun today!

1. Visit your local art museum.

upload.wikimedia.org

This is great for a nice chill day out of the house and out of the sun. Most museums have student discounts on certain days, so support your local artist and snag some cute instagram photos.

2. Play laser tag.

c1.staticflickr.com

I used to think laser tag was only for prepubescent boys (and it is), but it's so much fun. Reconnect with your young, middle school competitive nature and have some fun. This every man for himself adventure is a surprisedly great way to relieve stress.

3. Go to the beach.

media.giphy.com

It's summer, so go and catch that tan (with sunscreen) while the sun is still out. People watch, play volleyball, or talk to a cutie.

If you don't live close enough to the beach, make a road trip out of it. Be sure to load up on enough snacks, a lot of cold water, and good tunes.

4. Visit aesthetically-pleasing coffee shops.

upload.wikimedia.org

Starbucks is so basic when there are so many Instagram-worthy coffee shops are popping up everywhere, and as the coffee connoisseur that I am, I have to try them all.

5. See a movie.

media.giphy.com

Summer is the time when all the most anticipated movie blockbusters are released, and there are so many great ones out right now! Squad up in your comfy pjs and blankets and try not to sleep through through it.

6. Go to the gym.

media.giphy.com

Exercise is good for you! If your boss has really been getting under your skin this week, go blow off some steam! Take your clique and encourage each other to pump some iron, or use the treadmill to run away from your problems. Relieving stress and burning off some calories at the same time - it's a win-win.

7. Play mini golf.

c1.staticflickr.com

My friends an I enjoy this outing with a bit of a twist. It's Truth or Dare incorporated into the game. For every time you miss the hole not the first try, you have to do a truth or dare. If you do make it into the hole, you are allowed to pass. It's funny the creative things you can come up with while playing putt-putt!

8. Have a self-care day with the girls.

media.giphy.com

Work is stressful and school is hard, and imagine doing it at the same time. Me and my girls all know what it means to catch a check and make the grade in the same day. Sometimes we just come together to stay in, do face masks, give ourselves pedicures, binge our favorite shows, and spill all the tea all over plates of food. There's nothing more comforting than the company of your closest friends, and it's so therapeutic!