15 Truths About Being Type A

15 Things You Know To Be True If You're Type A Personality

I'm not Intentionally overthinking everything, it just kinda happens.

53

The world needs all types of people but one of the most talked about personality groups are those considered to be Type A. Type A personalities can be either your greatest asset or your worst nightmare. Here are 15 things you know to be true if you identify with having a type A personality.

1. Planning is a stress reliever. 

Being able to break down your day in a planner can take a stress level of ten quickly down to a two.

2. Homework is often times done days in advance. 

I'm not even sure the word procrastination is in my vocabulary.

3. A last minute change of plans is so stressful. 

If people would PROPERLY PLAN this wouldn't be an issue. Granted, maybe I could use some compromise.

4. You've heard the word "bossy" once or twice. 

You think you're insulting me. You're not. It's actually a compliment.

5. You are ALWAYS the group leader. 

Hey, someone's got to do it. We may complain about the responsibility but all who know us know there's nothing we love more.

6. And....when other people lead you can't help but internally stress. 

Oh yeah sure, I would love for someone else to take on the work....said no Type A person EVER. My grade hangs in the balance and I am not great at relinquishing control.

7. You are also known to talk quite a bit. 

I know it, you know it. There are just so many thoughts going through my head and I want to get them all out but sometimes we all need a little reminder.

8. You have to make yourself stop talking and listen. 

I want to listen, I really do. Sometimes we have to remind ourselves to stop talking long enough to listen to what every one else has to say.

9. People subconsciously place all of the work on you.  

It's a very unfortunate balance between wanting control but not being able to manage the extreme amount of work that everyone else has placed on you.

10. You have a hard time saying "no." 

Every experience sounds like a good one. The actual act of turning opportunities down is not the easiest thing to do.

11. You tend to get less than an ideal amount of sleep. 

Eh, I'll sleep when I'm dead. There is too much to do and really not enough time in the day.

12. You struggle with the need to be perfect. 

This is a struggle that never ends. Perfection may be impossible but leave it to the type A personalities to try.

13. You read into pretty much every single comment. 

It's not intentional, our brains just move way too fast to keep from unintentionally reading into, well everything.

14. You put a ton of effort into good relationships. 

This is one of the many blessings of a type A personality. There are few things more valuable than good relationships and we will put all of the energy we can into even the smallest seemingly mundane friendships

15. You may be a little self-conscious about your Type A traits. 

Some of these traits are better than others and somedays a true type A personality can be a little embarrassed about the quirks.

Having a type A personality can be a little on the stressful side but it is so important to remind yourself that the world really does need all types of people. There is nothing wrong with being type A as long as you prioritize self-care (which can be harder than you think).

Here's to all the type A personalities out there, we need you.