Symptoms of a quarter life crisis
Life Stages

You're In A Quarter Life Crisis If You Are Having These 10 Symptoms

Here comes the post grad anxiety.

198
Nicolas Jude

I've been experiencing some pretty intense mood swings lately. Anyone who has been around me will know that I have not been myself for a little while now. I have a tendency to pile up all my stress factors in one go and stress out about everything all at the same time. Usually, the feeling fades but this one has been lingering for months! Months, I tell ya!

I recently lost my grandmother, and not being able to go home and attend the funeral really crushed me. I got the news of her passing the day of my final and just absolutely loss my sh*t from 0-100. Naturally, my brain decided to think about everything that's going to happen in the next few months since my body was already stressing out.

On top of the family loss, I thought about graduation, moving in with my significant other, my whole family meeting my significant other, physically moving to a new city, selling all my belongings, decluttering, my film project, being unemployed, owing money to my credit card, owing money to my parents, owing money in general, my dentist appointment, my surgery, my essay I haven't started, my $20 in my bank account, my $0 in savings and the list goes on and on.

While I was telling my roommate all of my thoughts and concerns she turns around and says " I think you're in a quarter-life crisis" which made absolute sense to me because I am turning 25 this year so there we go, my diagnosis. Here are 10 symptoms of a quarter-life crisis:

1. Doubting yourself and asking "What the f**k am I doing here?"

"Is anything that I'm doing have purpose at all?" You're a lost wandering soul.

2. You're completely checked out from whatever you're doing.

I give up.

3. "What are my strengths and weaknesses?"

Jokes! I have none.

4. You feel a little sad, like all the time and afraid you're bring bad vibes to everyone around you. 

There's always a mood cloud on my head.

5. You feel pressured if you're in a relationship.

Am I really living up to all my expectations?

6. You want to be a solid responsible adult but scared you're going to regret everything if you sacrifice your youngin years.

WHY CAN'T I HAVE BOTH?

7. Always question yourself whether if you're doing the "right" move.

I don't tend to regret anything but when I do it's big time.

8. You read self help books because you think that's the right move.

Surprisingly, a few are ok but then again maybe not.

9. You compare yourself to everyone and you can't help it.

10. You look up "quarter life crisis symptoms" and are reading this article.

Then again, I am not a doctor and I'm not diagnosing anything. If you're a college senior about to graduate then you're probably going through some of these thoughts. This article is a reminder that you're not alone! Everyone experiences this at least once in their life and these feelings will pass.