Ending Slavery One Step At A Time

Ending Slavery One Step At A Time

Will you be apart of shining a light on slavery?

31
Ending Slavery One Step At A Time
End It Movement

Did you know that on February 23, 2017, it is a Shine a Light on Slavery Day? Well now you know!

This day is to raise awareness of modern-day slavery and human trafficking. The End It Movement start in 2013 to make aware that slavery still exists in this world. The movement's symbol is the red X to signify to end slavery and human trafficking. Since the movement started in 2013, they have raised over $4 million dollars to help fight for freedom to the people who is in slavery right now. Over 66 projects have been created to help end it. In the past five years, the red X has been shared over 500 million times.

Most people do not realize that modern-slavery and human trafficking exist in this present day. Slavery is happening in 167 countries right now. The majority of the time, 1 out of 5 victims are children. Did I mention that 55% of the victims are women and girls.

Slavery is not something that just happened in the past. It exists right now. As you read this article, people are put under control by someone else to do things they may not want to do, do tasks without pay, and they are trapped with wherever they are at. Even though slavery is illegal in every country, it still exists and that is why the End It Movement always picks a date every year to shine a light on it so more people can be aware of it and help end it.

Will you join me and others and put a red X on your hand on February 23 or help support this movement by donating some money towards it? Thousands if not millions have come together to shine a light on slavery each year. Many celebrities and government representatives have come together as well to support this movement and everything that it is doing to end slavery. Will you be one of those to be apart of this movement?