5 Things To Do On Your Next Self Care Day

Self care is such a vital day in everyone's life, it should be the day where you prioritize you and nobody else.

18

When dedicating so much time to other things in life, it's crucial to dedicate time for yourself. To distress and not think about all the other things you're handling. It can be very stressful to manage work life, your house life, and relationships. These are my next five suggestions to do for yourself, for your mind, body and spirit.

1. Book a massage or facial, I was never one to get massages or facials but since being introduce to them. I now know why people love them! It's a great way to get your mind off of stressful surrounding and embracing your mind and body in a spa-like environment. Some spa parlors often run specials for first time guests, so you're not spending a pretty penny.

2. Book a fitness class, with so many different gyms in the world it's amazing to get out there and be active. Being in the gym, or kickboxing, or taking an orange theory class really takes my mind off everything else. In that moment, I'm only focused on setting fitness goals and releasing all the stress and tension I have carried with me. Most gyms offer a free trial for trying them out, and they also offer fitness class or you can directly go to an orange theory or eat the frog fitness and take a heart monitor, coach based class.

3. If you're in an area with beaches, head straight to the beach its a nice way to relax and distress. Whether, you're swimming in the ocean or laying out catching a tan. I can guarantee you're not thinking about work or anything else at that point, its just you, the beach air and the ocean. If not a beach, then head to a park and enjoy some time outside.

4. Head to a local bookstore, or a Barnes and Noble, you don't even have to buy anything just enjoy scrolling through the different book aisles. Pick up a book you like, and sit down and read. I would spend hours at my local Barnes and Nobles reading and drinking Starbucks.

5. Retail Therapy, can certainly, make anyone feel good especially when you know you deserve it. You work hard and every once in a while it's time to treat yourself.