Dear Mr. President
Politics

Dear Mr. President

An open letter to the future President.

5
Dear Mr. President
Compfight

Dear Mr. President,

Let me say I did not vote for you. I am disappointed you are my President, but I have accepted that YOU are MY President. I will not burn flags or call people names who voted for you. I will accept that the next four years I must respect you even though you do not respect me. I am simply a number, a useless woman, and a sex object.

I heard America when they said they do not want career politicians. I understand because what the world wants is someone to run this country better than it has, but I think that you are more than under qualified for the position. You are running this country without prior knowledge. You are in charge of many policies you do not know anything about, but we still felt you were the man for the job, because you are "successful" at running your company.

Words hurt, Mr. President. I get not wanting to tell it how it is. I am as blunt as they come and I have no problem telling the world how I feel but you take it to a whole new level. You disgust me. You literally make me sick. The things you say I wonder how you sleep at night. I wonder how you are so okay with saying minorities are rapists, critiquing women on their looks, making fun of the mentally handicapped, saying a veteran was not a war hero because he was captured, and making it clear sexual assault was perfectly fine. That is not even the start of the terrible things you have said. You do not have to be politically correct, but you also do not have to be an arrogant jerk either.

I cried when I found out you won. I did not cry because a Republican won. I did not cry because a woman lost. I cried because you, Donald Trump won. I did not realize this election mattered that much to me, but I guess it did.

You do not care about other people's rights, but you care about your second amendment right. Funny how people are only concerned about the rights that pertain to them. We live in an incredibly selfish world.

Let me finish with: I hope I am wrong about you. I hope you are not everything up until this point you have proven to be. I hope you succeed. I will inform you that you have one incredible hard job and I personally would not want it, but do not take it lightly. You have a divided country. You have to bring back a nation that you single handedly helped divide. I will support you, because it is my job as an American. You did not take away my love of being an American. You winning put a fire in my soul. I will pay attention to every move you make. I will make sure you fight not only for the rich. I will make sure minorities, the gay community, women, and everyone else is protected. Every one in this country matters not just the ones who make a billion dollars a year. I will not let you bully me. You winning did not make me hate; it made me love harder. When you go low, we go high.

Good Luck,

from the person who did not vote for you.