I Don't Rank My Friends, And You Shouldn't Either

All of you earn the title of best, because that’s what you are.
955

Have you ever hung out with a person who lets you know you aren’t their best friend? They later announce when their real best friend shows up.

They might as well have said, “Oh look, better company!” You’re left laughing at their inside jokes the rest of the night and wishing you had stayed home with your mom instead.

I’ve never understood people who rank their friends. I may have been that person at a time, but thankfully I left that habit in middle school (along with my blue eyeshadow and sparkle Uggs), because the process of placing more value on one person than another just feels wrong.

There is absolutely nothing productive about having only one best friend. The only outcome is hurt among other people you love and the obvious indication that you don’t know how to spread the love. Dude, make new friends & keep the old... Sing it with me!

Now if there is truly only one person you can consider a best friend, then you have more than enough. One true person is better than one hundred fake ones. But if you have a crew of incredible people who make you feel loved and would do anything for you, then it’s time to make it plural. They are all valuable, each as precious as the other.

So shout out to my best friendS. Y’all fill my heart in your own special ways!