No I Don't Have A Boyfriend And I'm Doing Just Fine

I stopped trying to please guys, and began to learn to please myself.
46

If you're anything like me, you see sappy relationship posts all over social media, see couples engaging in way too much PDA, or have family and friends constantly asking whether you have found the one yet. Then, when you reply that you haven't, you are returned with a look as if you came from a different planet or something. Today, everywhere you go, relationships are shoved down our throats one way or another; however, I am here to tell you that everything is going to be okay and the right people will be placed into our lives at the perfect time, perfect place, making the perfect moment.

I've been single for almost two years now, with absolutely zero romantic interests in anyone what so ever. I will admit, these last two years have definitely been an emotional roller coaster. I have cried, been ashamed, lacked confidence, and on occasions, wondered if there was someone out there for me. To make matters worse, all of my closest friends were in steady relationships and couldn't bear the thought of leaving their significant other for two hours to hang out with the single girl.

After months of sadness and lack of ambition, I realized I had to change.

So I stopped trying to please guys, and began to learn to please myself.

I learned I did not need a man to be satisfied and neither do you. I found new passions and interests. I learned to become independent and do what I wanted to do. I cut my hair short because I wanted too. I closed the door on unhealthy friendships and found new friends who love me for the person I am and not who I'm with. I developed strength and confidence. Heck, now I gladly say I'm single instead of shying away at the question. But above all, I found happiness. I have never felt better than I do at this very moment and it is because I chose me.

There is so much more to this life than trying to find the perfect person. Go out and explore, travel the world, volunteer with different organizations, meet new people, make new friends, try a new hobby, exercise, go shopping, buy a killer outfit that you love, but most importantly, be you.

There is no one holding you back, but you; do something about it.

You have one life, make it the best life.