'Don't Ever Diminish The Power Of Words'

And other inspiring quotes from my sister.
123

"Don't ever diminish the power of words. Words move hearts and hearts move limbs." -Hamza Yusuf

There are lots of famous writers out there and lots of great quotes, but this is a compilation of some of my favorite quotes; the ones that are nearest and dearest to my heart. I may not be able to hear my sister speak anymore, but I'm grateful for the gift of writing that allows me to treasure her thoughts. Liz may have only been 19 years old, but she was a deep thinker and feeler and I find myself still learning from her today through the writings she left behind. So grateful for her wisdom and love for God that encourages me even now!

1) “More than God wants our acts of piety, our adherence to religion, our observance of rules and rituals, more than he wants our words of affection he simply wants to know us and for us to know him.”

2) "I wasn't just saved, I was sent...Do you see yourself as sent? Sent to your family? School? Neighborhood? Friends? Being sent ones redefines our purpose."

3) "I don't get why everyone feels the need to judge. Just cause someone's different than you doesn't mean it makes them somehow less than you."

4) "I have to speak up fear of failing cannot hold Christians back from sharing the gospel...people in the world need to hear what Jesus has done for them"

5) "Grace is only seen as beautiful to someone that sees them self as a sinner. Grace can only be received if you believe you need it."

6) "I am yours and yours alone, I die daily so that daily you can live in me! Help me to totally and completely give myself to you in undeniable surrender."

7) "I took up the challenge of sharing the gospel and I epically failed. What I learned from that experience is that I'm not always going to win the debate, I'm not always going to explain everything in a way that might cause someone to turn to God, but despite that I have to speak up."

8) "The beauty of the truth of the gospel is so magnificent that I cannot wrap my mind around it."

9) "Being sent to the world isn't convenient, being sent by Jesus means we are going to lose something. Time we think is ours, money or even respect from others. It's hard, but it's necessary. We hold the cure for the world in our hands and we are called to share it with everyone. It would be selfish if we did not."

10) "On the day you die, it doesn't matter what kind of clothes you wore, it doesn't matter who your friends were, it doesn't matter where you went to college, the grades you made or how many baskets you scored. The only thing that matters is your relationship with God and whether or not you placed your trust in him."

-Elizabeth Joy Catoe <3