​Stop Comparing Yourself To Others, It's Not Worth It

Just because it is easy to do, does not make it the thing we should do.

31
reflection comparison

I am currently up at 12:21 on a Thursday night, laying in bed. My room is dark, but so many thoughts act as flashes of light in my brain to keep me awake. I try to imagine my overthinking as a nice way of my mind not wanting me to miss out on anything, but then again, I really would like to sleep sometimes.

But here I am, 6 hours from having to wake up, and all I have begun to think about is my walk with Christ.

As a woman, life can be tough. There is the constant pressure from society to be "enough": have enough beauty, enough brains, enough wit, and humor. And then there is the pressure to please everyone and make sure all is right in the world, or in your personal world at least.

The desire to feel accepted and included is so prevalent throughout today's culture, especially for girls, and it becomes so tedious and exhausting. Isn't it ironic how the feelings of wanting to be wanted are so.... unwanted?

As tough as it is, we don't have to feel this way. We were made in the literal image of God-- so it is kind of ridiculous that we are trying to imitate others when really we should be trying to follow after Jesus and strive to do be more like Him. And out of all the miracles He performed and wisdom He gave, the one thing He did not do was compare true perfection to the things of this world. So why do we?