Don't Be Ashamed Of Being The Girl That Falls Too Quickly

Falling in love quickly is not a curse, but rather, a gift.

329

I get what it means to "fall too quick." I have had several relationships that I have written about multiple times, but not until recently have I really embraced my role as a habitual monogamist.

Now, I realize when I say this that ist' not the best thing to be. Being the person that's constantly in a relationship can create feelings of codependence or insecurity. For me though, I think it is a good thing.

I have come to terms with the fact that I tend to be the girl always with a boyfriend. I'm a lover, not a fighter. I enjoy relationships, dating and making things work long-term with someone.

So when I say I fall too quick or I fall too hard, it doesn't mean I "love," them, I just love my time with them.

I love investing time and energy into something I really want. Knowing I have someone to come home to every day, someone I can learn new stuff from or someone just to vent to is an alluring circumstance to me.

To the people who fall too quick, it is OK and you cannot let anyone tell you otherwise.

We wear our hearts on our sleeves. We typically like sharing feelings and intimate moments with others and love with a ferocity like no other.

We are the people who remain loyal in the face of adversities and we give our trust to those that we believe cherish our time. When relationships don't work out, we may mope for months on end, but we come back stronger and kinder than before because we know what it's like to have our hearts broken.

Relationships are fun, always exciting and bring joy to our lives. On the flipside, ending these relationships is just as crazy in terms of emotions.

As someone who falls too fast, investing themselves in a relationship as quickly as it starts, I understand the intensity of a break up like no other. In the beginning, there is the honeymoon phase where the person you are seeing can do no wrong. You want to hang out with them constantly and tell them about every minute of your day.

You may go on dates and meet their friend group. You will spend so much time together, having inside jokes and even doing chores and errands. You may even make it official by this time, maybe going as far as talking about the future or meeting their family.

You will begin to feel so important and so essential to their lives. Until one moment, you're not.

A moment may occur where you realize that your feelings aren't being reciprocated. Or there may be a time that your relationship ends.

You can be the most realistic lover in the world and yet, every ending or revelation still feels worse than the last. This is the hardest part about falling too quick for somebody.

You see, being a person who falls too quickly for someone is tough. You constantly think of why things ended or weren't what you envisioned. The reason is that we love, love.

As young people, we envision this idealistic type of love and we deserve it. No matter how much we deserve it, sometimes it is just not meant to be. We need to remind ourselves that that is OK.

It is OK to feel all the feels when relationships end, it is OK to move too fast as long as we feel like the pace is right and it is OK to move on from relationship to relationship as long as you are ready.

Someday you will find the person you are meant to be with. Someday you will find someone who wants to move along at the same pace as you. Someday you will find someone who reciprocates the same energy and love you put out.

Pride yourself on how fast you fall. You are the most ferocious lover and greatest friend.

Falling is not a curse, but rather, a gift.

Once you receive the same gift you give, you will realize how it is all worth it.