I Found My Middle School iPod And It Was Like Opening A Time Capsule

Over the weekend while I was doing some late spring cleaning, I found my old, middle school era iPod. By some miracle I still had a charging cord, and I plugged that bad boy in. Let me tell you, scrolling through the music catalog was like stepping into a time machine. I was met with One Direction albums and singles from artists I that I haven't thought of in years.

I have compiled my favorites songs mixed with the "omg I totally forgot that existed" into a playlist on Spotify I wittily titled "Nostaljams."

1. “Amnesia” by 5 Seconds of Summer

2. “Bartender song” by Rehab

3. “Best Song Ever” by One Direction

4. “Better Together” by Jack Johnson

5. “Bottoms Up (feat. Nicki Minaj)” by Trey Songz

6. “Call Me Maybe” by Carlie Rae Jepsen

7. "Check Yes, Juliet” by We the Kings

8. “Closer” by Tegan and Sara

9. “Cool Kids” by Echosmith

10. “Dancing Crazy” by Miranda Cosgrove

11. “Dangerous (feat. Akon)” by Kardinal Offishall

12. “Daylight” by Maroon 5

13. “Dear Maria, Count Me In” by All Time Low

14. “Die Young” by Ke$ha

15. “Don’t Wanna Go Home” by Jason Derulo

16. “Everybody Talks" by Neon Trees

17. “Fine By Me” by Andy Grammer

18. “Fire Burning” by Sean Kingston

19. “Girls Chase Boys” by Ingrid Michaelson

20. “Give Your Heart a Break” by Demi Lovato

21. “Hey, Soul Sister” by Train

22. “Hit and Run” - Breathe Carolina

23. “Ho Hey” by The Lumineers

24. “Houdini” by Foster the People

25. “I Feel Like Dancin’” by All Time Low

26. “I Like It Like That” by Hot Chelle Rae

27. “I Love It (feat. Charlie XCX)” by Icona Pop

28. “I Won’t Give Up" by Jason Mraz

29. “Lighters (feat. Bruno Mars)” by Bad Meets Evil

30. “Like A G6” by Far East Movement

31. “Little talks” by Of Monsters and Men

32. “Maybe” by Sick Puppies

33. “One day” by Matisyahu

34. “Paper Planes” by M.I.A.

35. “Party In Your Bedroom” by Cash Cash

36. “Pompeii” by Bastille

37. “Price Tag” by Jessie J

38. “Remember When (Push rewind)” by Chris Wallace

39. “Right Thru Me” by Nicki Minaj

40. “Rock & Roll” by Eric Hutchinson

41. “She Looks So Perfect” by 5 Seconds of Summer

42. “Stuttering” by Fefe Dobson

43. “Tongue Tied” by Grouplove

44. “Troublemaker (feat. Flo Rida)” by Olly Murs

45. “Waking Up In Vegas” by Katy Perry

46. “What Makes You Beautiful” by One Direction

47. “Who You Are” by Jessie J

48. “You Belong With Me” by Taylor Swift

49. “Young Homie” by Chris Rene

50. “7 Things” by Miley Cyrus

Can I just add that I am shook at how many of these songs have been given a second wind on TikTok? Thanks for taking a stroll down memory lane with me, and hopefully I've inspired additions to your own nostalgia ridden playlists.