To My Future Wife, I Love You Already

To My Future Wife, I Love You Already And We Haven't Even Met

I may not know who you are, but one day I will.

478

It is with kindness and love that I write this letter to my future wife. Since I don't yet know who you are, it will not be perfect nor will it contain all I can say at the moment about you, but just know I love you already.

Dear Future Wife,

How did you end up with a guy like me? I mean come on, I make a joke at least once an hour and ask you questions so silly you don't even respond. Regardless, you are amazing — someone who pursues Jesus more than I thought someone could. You are always one who can pick me up when I am down. You are one I can call on to play a board game, finish a puzzle, or build a card house.

In addition to having me beat in the cooking department (I can make a mean grilled cheese, though), you are willing to give someone in need a plate of food. Being the selfless person I know you are, you make sure our neighbors, friends, coworkers, and I are all doing well and living the life meant by God and not our own plans.

Now there are a lot of things I enjoy in life: food, animals, knowing random facts about any and all things, but if there is one thing I will enjoy a lot in my life, it is you.

You have done so much and I couldn't be happier or more proud to have you in my life. I may not express everything when we first meet — that'll take time — but if we want to know one another, then I say we do it as a team. Everything you do has a reason for it, nothing can replace that. Thank you. Thank you for what you'll give me in my life and I am thankful for what is to happen with us.

You are the one God sent me to be with for eternity, you truly are wonderful. Nothing more and nothing less.

Thank you for sticking with me this far.

- Yours truly

P.S. I ate the last of the Thin Mint cookies. Sorry.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.