Do You Pay Attention To The Super Bowl Commercials?

Budweiser takes a twist.

65

Super Bowl Sunday for most people mean pizza, wings, a few drinks and friends and family getting together to watch the game that they’ve been waiting for. Whether fans of the competing teams, band wagon fans or neutral fans, there are many viewers watching the event, it is the perfect opportunity for the media to send some sort of message. Every Super Bowl, not only do viewers and fans look forward to the game itself, but it’s the time of year known for the new commercials and advertisements to come out. Even people who prefer not to watch football watch it solely for the famous advertisements that will be released.

Every year, the beer brand “Budweiser” has appeared somewhere during the Super Bowl, and it is for sure a fan favorite. It is a skill that the brand successfully uses to represent their company and get their product out there. Budweiser has a motive to why they decide to present their advertisements during the Super Bowl every year. Knowing not only sports fans, but regular television watchers may be tuning in to view the 2017 commercials, the company wants to achieve a goal of getting people to purchase their product. Intelligently planned out, a lot of college students will also be watching the Super Bowl and the advertisement will also catch their eye.

Budweiser, a popular, inexpensive alcoholic beverage, is definitely a product that college students, whether of age or underage, can purchase. Not only for college students, and sports fans, but younger children can be lured in once they see "puppies and horses." The company uses techniques to attract multiple viewers within a wide range of ages. Just like in the 2015 Budweiser commercial, the audience receives the message that the advertisement is simply to sell the specific beer brand, but because of the way that the commercial is portrayed, the audience infers that by drinking Budweiser, life is good and enjoyable.

In the past, Budweiser commercials have starred a puppy and the Clydesdale, which catches the eye of the audience. This year, though, Budweiser seemed to switch it up, as it did not star the fan favorite puppy and Clydesdale. In the new advertisement called, “Born the Hard Way,” it reveals the Budweiser’s founder’s journey to America in pursuit of creating the brand of beer. Budweiser strategized the message toward America, immigration and The American Dream. In past advertisements, Budweiser was definitely more of the “American” branded beer, but this year the message is even bigger. Especially with the new President of the United States, with obvious controversy and everything going on in our country, it is important that Budweiser decided to stray away from puppies and create a new more "American-type" advertisement. Budweiser says that the advertisement this year is designed to send a message about “not backing down from beliefs and dreams.” The Super Bowl brings people together, so the ads are a great way for the media to become involved, as well as aside from its overall message.