Do Not Start Wishing for Fri-Nallys (Fridays)

We are actually missing out.

33
Avery Felty

Do not wish for Fri-nally’s (Friday’s)

The day you start wishing for the weekends and wishing that it be Friday, is the day you start wasting your life away. I know, so cheesy, right? But, it’s true. I'm going to get real with you. There are scientifically stated facts that say there are seven days in a week and out of those seven days we, as innate, human beings wish about four and a half of those days away. Oh no, Monday is tomorrow. It’s only Tuesday? Then, Hump Day is more of a slump day. Tragically Thursday? Might as well be a Monday cause its half way through the week but it isn’t Friday. But, then it happens. You wake up and yay it is finally Friday (Fri-nally.) Next, it is sassy and saucy Saturday. Until, 3pm Sunday afternoon we are all wondering where it all went. Peace out. See ya later. Then, we start the cycle all over again come Monday morning with an extra shot of expresso.

I have taken a close observation at how much sadder and crankier humans become when they start to run their days together and the motivation is at an all-time low. Hey, what’s up, hello? It’s because we keep looking for what’s about to happen instead of staying present and continuing our daily lives instead of trying to live in the future.

Listen, One minute you are fresh out of the womb and then in the blink of an eye you are sitting next to your cranky fart of a husband in the old home. Yes, the old home. But, if you just so happen to keep running through your life instead of walking you might miss the one person you would actually like to play Tuesday night Bingo with EVERY. SINGLE. DANG. TUESDAY. But trust me, Ryan Reynolds is not going to wait for you forever and I am sure he has better things to do than worry about Friday. He is out there saving women’s lives by being cute and gorgeous and you should be by his side being his partner in crime.

We are always go, go, go but never stay, stay, stay. It is the reason why we miss out on a lot of things. We miss the details about our lives and instead of knowing our lives up close and personal we barely take notice to the little things right in front of us. There is no way we can be control of our lives if we live like this. It is basically a way of saying, “You done, did it. You wasted your life away to the worrying.” The struggle has been real for a while now and I am sure I am not the first person telling you that.

So, yeah. I may be sitting in class missing out on what is happening but at least after I write this article I will be i full attention mode to everything happening around me. Ya know, I gotta follow my own advice. Sometimes writing these articles boosts my motivation and gives me that extra push. Especially, on a dreary Thursday afternoon in State College, Pennsylvania.