The Best Homemade Gifts For Your S.O. For Christmas

8 Homemade Gifts To Give Your S.O. This Christmas

Give a gift from the heart this holiday season!

6214
Unsplash

The holidays are quickly approaching, which means it's time to start brainstorming what to gift your significant other this Christmas. Shopping for your boyfriend/girlfriend can be tough (and expensive), so why not make a homemade gift from the heart?

Consider making one of these cute homemade gifts for your S.O. this Christmas:

1. "Open when..." letters

"Open when you're having a bad day," "open when you miss me," "open when you need some inspiration"—the list goes on. Writing your boyfriend or girlfriend a set of letters is thoughtful, romantic and a gift that keeps on giving. If you're in a long distance relationship, this is perfect for you!

2. Frame your "firsts"

If you're a sentimental couple, consider making a keepsake of your "firsts" together with labels and locations.

3. Funny coffee mugs

It's one thing to gift a coffee mug, but a personalized mug that you decorate yourself is on a whole different level. Make your S.O. smile with a silly coffee mug made just for them.

4. DIY Christmas ornament

There are so many possibilities with this one: make a keepsake out of movie tickets, your first house/apartment key, wine corks, your wedding invitation and so much more. This gift isn't just timely with the holidays, it's a keepsake you could hang up every Christmas together.

5. Date night in a box

Put together a box with the tools for a future date night together—a bottle of wine, chocolates, a movie, a cozy blanket, and you're all set.

6. Homemade art

If you're the artsy type, maybe a homemade piece of art is the perfect gift idea. This could be anything from a collage, to a painting, to a framed image of you two.

7. A "favorite things" bag

Show your S.O. how well you know them with a DIY "favorite things" bag filled with things like their favorite candy, a gift card to their favorite restaurant, a piece of clothing from their favorite brand, and so on.

8. The classic scrapbook

You can never go wrong with a scrapbook. Perhaps the ultimate sentimental DIY gift, there's no way your S.O. won't be blown away by something so thoughtful.