Clubs At FGCU

Everyone goes to college for a good education, but they also get so much more than that. College is also about friends, hobbies, opportunities, and finding yourself. Something that really helps students do all of this is clubs. At FGCU there are so many clubs that you will never even know about them all, and if for some reason none of those interest you, you can start your own! As for me, I am a part of Greek life on campus and a part of Odyssey, as well as Eagles Educate which focuses on teacher life and students, and Dirty Birds. To get an idea of the wide range of clubs at FGCU, I asked some friends about their clubs and how it has impacted them to be in the club.

1. NRHH (National Residence Hall Honorary)

"I was the Vice President of NRHH this past year and this amazing organization not only taught me about leadership and building a community, but it also gave me an awesome group of people to hang out with each week and become friends with. I had great advisors and many memories. I was able to fly to NC State for a conference and then I also went to a conference at USF to meet others in NRHH and learn more about great programs that can be brought back to the students at FGCU." - Brittany

2. Knitting Club

"So, my friend Maria founded the club with our favorite biology and entomology teacher and then it slowly grew. It turned into a place where we could learn and practice knitting while talking and venting and having a good time. There are also snacks which I love most. Everyone's so welcoming and ready to be friends which made it so easy to become a part of it." - Katy

3. Odyssey

"I am so grateful to be a part of Odyssey at FGCU. I am the Editor in Chief/Vice President of our Odyssey community and it's been so amazing! I love Odyssey because my team and I are able to write about anything we want and our voices are able to be heard around campus and beyond. As the EIC, I edit and publish over 20 articles a week and I work with creators to help them write to their greatest potential. We have such an amazing group of very talented people and it's always a fun and exciting environment!" - Gracie

4. SOC (Student Organizations Council)

I have the honor of serving as the Vice President of Outreach for Student Organizations Council. SOC is great because we get the opportunity to help all the RSOs (Registered Student Organization) on campus! As the VP of Outreach, I meet with RSOs across campus to gather any input, needs, or issues they have and work with them to make their experience as an RSO the best that it can be!" - Gracie

5. Eagles Educate

"Eagles Educate is an RSO on campus that accepts all members who are heading towards a degree in education. We accept all different education majors. Our group helps students make connections throughout schools, organizations, and conferences. Schools are often local, organizations are all over Florida, and our conferences can stretch across the country. We provide students with service-learning opportunities to serve local communities and schools to start making a difference. Some of the organizations we connect with are the following: NEA and Give Kids the World. National Education Association is what provides us with conferences to make connections with other teachers, principals, and school districts. Give Kids the World is part of the Make-A-Wish Foundation, which provides a fun vacation for terminally ill kids. Eagles Educate sends about 20 students to serve this fun play center and we help run the park. We operate rides, paint faces, conduct trains, and much more. We give back to these kids and help put a smile on their faces. Additionally, Eagles Educate helps members connect with each other. Seniors help freshmen and so on. This group is all about bettering ourselves and each other so we can teach future generations as best we can. Our mission is to be the change we want to see in the world." - Kayla

6. Women's Rugby

"What's great about rugby at FGCU is that you do not need any experience whatsoever. If you ask anyone on the team, 99% of them had not played until they came to FGCU. The team is willing to help you learn the game. It's an 80-minute game, no pads, and full contact. It sounds a little intimidating but there is a position for everyone, no matter what size you are. What's fun about rugby is that we get to travel and play other schools. As weird as it sounds, after you just played a team, we socialize with the other team after the game. If you ask anyone who plays, it's just part of the rugby culture that everyone should have the opportunity to see for themselves.