16 Things That Sentimental People Hold Onto For Too Long

Sometimes you hold on for good reason.

5069

Sentimentality - ADJECTIVE: of, or prompted, by feelings of tenderness, sadness, or nostalgia

We all know one of those people, the ones that can find bits and pieces in any situation that they can see as something to look back on later in life. That could be in either a positive or a negative light, but either way, they have latched onto that moment forever. From those memorable moments come memoirs in a variety of different physical forms, or in memories that will stick with them forever. Unfortunately, all of the physical forms of memorabilia take up a lot of space. That being said, being a sentimental person that holds on to everything can also turn you into a hoarder.

To Hoard - VERB:amass (money or valued objects) and hide or store away

Here’s to all of those who are like me; so sentimental that they get over run with the physical reminders of events past.

1. Pictures

I mean, who doesn't have massive stacks of pictures to put up all over their dorm room walls, or in various boxes?

2. T-Shirts

I know that I have dozens more than I could possibly wear...

3. Ticket Stubs

What use is there for those slips of cardstock now that they got you into the show anyway?

4. Gifts

Some gifts aren't the best, but you just cant get rid of something in case it hurts their feelings.

5. Letters

I, personally, love reading what someone thoughtfully wrote to me over and over again :D

6. Foreign Money

A souvenir that has monetary value...

7. Birthday Cards

If birthday cards made me as happy as that pug, then I would keep them all too.

8. Baby Toys

Stuffed animals, baby blankets, baby dolls, they don't mean as much to us as adults, as they did when we were kids.

9. Old Clothes

Whether grown out of, riddled with holes, or otherwise unwearable, maybe you should get rid of that item?

10. Stupid Souvenirs

Keychains? Pens? Who needs them?

11. Newspaper Clippings

Was your name in the newspaper once? Maybe you only need one copy of it and not eight...

12. Dried Flowers

Flowers from a date, or a dance, when they're dried they last longer.

13. Magazines

How many times can you really read that same article?

14. Deflated Balloons

Balloons are meant to have air in them, right?

15. Home Videos

Who doesn't love cracking up at hilarious past experiences of your family?

16. Old Cell Phones

Either you're keeping it for pictures, old text messages, or for no good reason.

BONUS Memories

The whole reason that we hold onto these material items, is to provided tangible support for the memories that we hold near and dear to our hearts. Even if it does turn you borderline hoarder, those memories are worth more than anything in life.