Diet Is For Tomorrow

Diet Is For Tomorrow

I am on a diet every day of my life and that's how it is.

303
Diet Is For Tomorrow

Body image is a difficult topic for me. I have never been satisfied with my body and still, struggling with accepting myself and feeling good with my body. I feel that this is a constant struggle that we face every day. We have our influences from social media, but I think there is some kind of expectation that I have on myself to look a certain way as well.

I've had my fair share of ups and downs when it came to body image. I had times of complete insecurity, but I've also had times where I thought I looked okay, never satisfied, but passable. These ups and downs had to do with how much weight I lost during that time.

If I lost a couple pounds, my confidence level went up and if I gained weight, I would feel unhappy.

Sadly, I think many of us can understand this feeling.

I have tried every diet you can think of. Many of the diets are Asian-based diets, but I have done from 'American' ones as well. It's not the healthiest way but I tend to think that if it works, then it's not too bad. But through all of my experiences, I came to a conclusion that if I want to lose weight and maintain the weight loss, I have to go the healthy way of eating right, exercising, and controlling my portions.

But we all know how hard this and I am weak when it comes to food. Shout out to all my food-lovers out there.

I don't know when I will ever follow up with my weight loss plan. I lose motivation quite easily, leaving me with regret and disappointment after each failure. There is a funny joke that my friends and I say, which is "Diet? Diet is always tomorrow!" each time someone says that he/she is on a diet.

There is no definition of a perfect body. Our understandings of what a nice body is all made up of the information that we take in from our surroundings.

I am in a constant battle with myself, dieting on and off, but with the right amount of motivation and the right purpose in losing weight, and most importantly, doing it the healthy way, I will change my habits of living to a healthy lifestyle, resulting in confidence.

I am not saying that success in losing weight results in confidence. It's a very personal journey and not needed for everyone. This is a personal choice and personal journey I am taking, and although I have thought negatively about it, I have changed my way of thinking, desiring to be fit, rather than what the media has been sharing.

Lean on those who support you during these times, but most importantly, don't lose yourself in the way. You are beautiful no matter what.