Denying Passports
Politics

U.S Denying Passports To Hispanic Americans

Where is the justification?

137
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjT09St-sfdAhV0IDQIHYvDAj4QjB16BAgBEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Friograndeguardian.com%2Fwapo-u-s-is-denying-passports-to-americans-along-the-border%2F&psig=AOvVaw0BO2tlkFWuZWB0s-QLK8oy&ust=1537476898834707
Rio Grande Guardian

On August 29th, 2018 Washington Post published a frightening article reporting that the president of the United States is going on a mission to track down residents who live along the Mexican border and put their citizenship in question. According to CNN, a growing number of Hispanics with birth records showing that they were born in the United States are being denied of their passports, held in detention centers, and entered into deportation proceedings.

The Trump administration continues to enforce immigration policies by violating human rights and taking away their freedom. Before President Trump came into office, he was spreading propaganda on Mexicans and generalizing them as rapists, drug dealers, gang bangers, and dangerous. The indoctrination spread all across the nation has created a division amongst communities. Trump has implemented that in order to "Make America Great Again" is to drive out 'illegal immigrants with a criminal record' but in reality, he means the Latino community. As we know the Trump administration has terminated programs for immigrants such as DACA, Visa program, TPS, and green cards. Now all of a sudden the administration wants to do a widespread crackdown of a case that has been on a six year low?

ACLU has challenged this conflict a decade ago have fought, but obviously, with this administration denial of passports are increasing. Probably a hundred, even thousands of Hispanic Americans are having their citizenship thrown into question. According to the Washington Post, Juan, 40, was delivered by a midwife in Brownsville, Texas. Juan served the Army for three years, went to private schools, worked as a cadet for Border Patrol, and now as a prison guard. As he was going to renew his passport the State Department rejected him in a letter saying they did not believe he was an American citizen. Juan is one of many American citizens who has gotten their passport denied under the accusation of using fraudulent birth documents.

The State Department commented against Washington Post denying the 'surge' of passports denials and revocations and that their report is a method of inflaming tensions over immigrations and impose a fear amongst American citizens. But immigration attorneys say otherwise and have noticed the increase of passport being revoked to U.S citizens showing proof of birth. There is a dramatic escalation of these denials and will cause detrimental effects towards immigration attorney business.

Democratic lawmakers will call for a hearing into these passport denials to prove that this is a systemic anti-Hispanic bias to only go through with Trump's immigration plan.

So what should you do?

Use your voice. Stand up.

You have read that the accusations made against the Hispanic community only demonstrates the inhumane adminstration in office. Denying U.S citzens their right of ownership and identification to a passport completely violates the Constitution and it represents the Latino community in a horrible way because of their heritage. The immigration camps and deportation proceedings many have to go through are horrendous. Children and families are being separated from each other for months, there is lack of nutrition, the proper care they deserve is not given, and so much more. We come to this country for better opportunities, for our loved ones, and to live a beautiful life and that is what we deserve because why? Because we are HUMAN BEINGS.

Nostros no somos criminales. NOSTROS SOMOS HUMANOS.

This is our community. Let us stand together and fight.