Defining Self Love Makes You Sparkle

Defining Self Love Makes You Sparkle

Celebrate the gorgeous self that you are, this February and every day.

19
Defining Self Love Makes You Sparkle
Aki Tolentino

Love yourself first, is easier said than done I understand that, but it is so incredible important. How can we expect to ever feel the love if we aren’t even giving it to ourselves? We must be our biggest cheerleaders and the positive energy will be contagious and radiant on to those women around you.

In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, love becomes a buzzword and those who are single dread the concept. But let’s begin to bring the love to ourselves first; the concept of Valentine’s Day doesn't have to be hated. Make Valentine’s Day a time to notice how much love you are giving yourself, check in with yourself, smile more, be creative or expect new challenges; these actions will be noticed and mimicked to create a better sense of self-love.

As Webster Dictionary has stated, one form of love can be defined as: unselfish {loyal} and benevolent concern for the good of {another}. Make that another: you. Loyalty: a feeling of strong support for someone or something. Create love and loyalty within you, spread the love and loyalty; you have the power to define love for yourself first.

Last February as I was living in Chicago, I experienced my first Galentine’s party. The purpose of Galentines, as stated on the invite: “bring a themed bottle of wine and help us celebrate our fabulous circle of awesome, inspiring women; its Galentines season.” This to me seemed like an ideal way to develop self-love with women who lift each other higher and celebrate friendship. Being silly and celebrate the month of love with cheese, wine, pink & red sweaters and I even hear some sparkle crafts will be included, cause what girl doesn't like a little silly sparkle. Sadly this year, I will only be at the Galentine’s party in spirit (maybe on Face Time), but the power of self-love has and will not fade.

The beautiful thing about self-love is that you have the power to define it. Whether is it a girls gathering celebrating friendship, practicing meditating methods, plan to run a marathon or releasing your inner kid, with a grownup coloring book; make it all about you. The goal for February: create your own definition of self-love.

Love you and be your best beautiful self.