A Dedication Letter To My Aunt Helen

A Dedication Letter To My Aunt Helen

Forever loved. Forever remembered. Forever missed.

532
A Dedication Letter To My Aunt Helen
Britini D'angelo

Dear Aunt Helen,

Your presence we miss.

Your memories we treasure.

Loving you always.

Forgetting you never.

Every since I was a little girl, I've looked up to you. You were such a strong, independent, hard working, loving, caring and kind person who valued family immensely. You never failed to make me so happy when I was around you. I felt like the luckiest girl in the world to have an aunt like you in my life these past 19 years. When I heard the news that you passed away on July 29, 2016, at the age of 98, I started crying instantly. But, the tears existed for two different reasons.

I cried tears of sadness because I knew how much I was going to miss you when you were gone. We created so many wonderful memories over the years that I will cherish for the rest of my life. You made me always feel like I was on top of the world. You praised me whenever I would come to visit you and you would always tell me how proud of me you were. It truly meant the world to know that one of my No.1 supporters was you.

I also cried tears of joy though because I knew that you were now in a better place. You are at peace in heaven, reunited with all of your family members and friends that passed before you. You are seeing colors and how beautiful the world really is. You are singing and I know that you are dancing. The fact that you are no longer suffering anymore makes me so incredibly happy.

Aunt Helen, you left a lasting impression on me in the years that we shared together. You inspired so many people during your 98 years here on Earth. Aunt Helen, I want to say thank you to you. Thank you for always believing in me and for always telling me that I can do anything. Thank you for all the meals we shared at your apartment, for all the lovely conversations about life and for the hours we spent watching the Yankees play. Thank you for allowing me to sing to you, especially when you had an urge to dance! I will cherish singing "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" by The Tokens to you in your apartment as you danced with your walker around your living room. That was your favorite song and you would always tell me that. Seeing you smile while I sang meant more than you will ever know, and having the opportunity to sing to you was an honor. Thank you for your endless love and compassion. Thank you for always supporting me throughout everything in my life.

Lastly, I want to thank you for being you. You were truly an incredible aunt and I was blessed to have you in my life for the time that I did. You were an amazing woman, Aunt Helen, and I will never forget you. I love you with all of my heart and I always will.

Love always and forever, your great niece,

Britini D'Angelo

Helen Touma Murphy

Born: February 11, 1918

Death: July 29, 2016