My First Thanksgiving Without You

My First Thanksgiving Without You

I miss you

3252
My First Thanksgiving Without You
Huffington Post

My angel,

As the end of year holidays begin to approach, I am painfully reminded you are not here to celebrate. I miss your presence so much. The tradition of Thanksgiving feels broken without you at the table eating with us, without your hugs and kisses, without your contribution to the family conversation. Though you are physically gone, my heart will infinitely set a plate for you in spirit, confidently knowing you'll be peeking in on this year's meal. Thanksgiving will never be the same, but when one tradition ends another one begins. May you be having the feast of an (after)lifetime upstairs, surrounded by the abundance of angels spending their Thanksgivings away from home as well.

Love always and forever,

Someone who misses you very much

The following are some messages from us to our loved ones we are missing so dearly this Thanksgiving and always:

"Grandma, although it will be hard without you at Thanksgiving this year, it will be even more difficult thinking about how I barely spoke to you on all of the other Thanksgivings we spent together. Now that I finally realize how stupid I am for having always focused on the food and football game... it's too late. I'm sorry and I vow to be more mindful of the things that really matter. I love you more than you'll ever know." -Anonymous

"Mom, I hope you're having a great time with dad... I know you've missed him so much all these years. Kisses and hugs to you both. This is going to be the first Thanksgiving without you. I'm heartbroken for losing you. Not a day goes by without thoughts of you. As I give thanks for all that I have in my life, I think of you. I'm most thankful for having the most caring and loving mom. I love you." -Nancy Roth

"I miss you very much and I know you are enjoying being with grandma again. I hope you continue to watch over me, and that I make you proud. I love you and you'll always be with me." -Andrew Hepner

"Dad, is that you I feel giving me hugs when I think I feel them. I miss you so much. I never imagined you being gone." -Honee Baldwin

"My dearest Louie, though this year is extremely hard without you since its our first year without you I know you are very happy to know Saysha took it upon herself to make sure we all get together as you loved. Me and your little girl will try our hardest to push through the day without being too sad. I'm thankful for having had your love and having the honor to have loved you. You were one amazing man. Happy Thanksgiving to you my love in heaven. Your queen, Irene."

"Yiayia, even though the past few years have been in a nursing home, it didn't matter the place of where I saw you. It was just being around you and seeing your smile that would brighten my day. I miss you more than words can explain and I love you so much!" -Jessica Drimones