Why I Decided to Join Odyssey As A Student-Athlete

And my life as a student-athlete
27

I recently decided to join Odyssey and become a writer. I joined because I want to try and do everything I can to help others have a better understanding of student athletes. While it will not be the only thing I write about, I want to show people what it is like to go through the everyday life of a student athlete like myself.

I play baseball at Seton Hall University, and I often see people talking about how much more privileged student athletes are than other students. While in some cases this may be true, there are certain things many people do not seem to understand that I wish to shed some light on. As far as the everyday routine, to some of the more complicated aspects of being a student athlete, I plan on filling people in with what it takes to be a student athlete. I also joined the odyssey because I simply enjoy writing. I wanted the opportunity to be able to write about anything I want.

I have grown tired of being told to write countless essays in school that I simply do not enjoy. Joining the odyssey gives me the opportunity to write about the things I enjoy most: sports, and I look forward to doing so. I feel many people do not understand sports, in the way the athletes who play them do. People have their own passions, whether it be music, entertaining, writing etc. Doing things like this helps you to acquire certain skills and learn certain life lessons through them. Many athletes have been part of many teams throughout their lives and they take away many things from their experiences. One of my goals is to share with people my personal experiences through my baseball career.

Baseball has taught me many lessons and has given me the best times of my life. For those people who have never been on a team before, join a team, it will give you a lifetime of friendships and experiences that you will remember forever. It doesn't need to be a sports team, but a group of some sort because it will open up so many more opportunities for you in your life. I hope to open the eyes of the non-athletes and those who are not the biggest advocates of sports, because it is more than simply a game. It is a lifestyle, and it is the best lifestyle there is. I look forward to continue writing about this and helping people recognize the significance of this sport and all sports not only in my life, but in all athletes lives.