Dear Senior Year Of College

Dear Senior Year Of College

From the girl who already has senioritis!

12
Dear Senior Year Of College

Dear Senior Year at Seton Hall,

As the summer comes to a close and my beach days dwindle down, I want you to know that this academic year is going to be the ending to quite a few things in my life. I also want you to know that I am expecting a whole lot out of you, senior year.

For the past three years at this university, I have given my all to my classes, extra curricular activities, and internships. I have strived to create long lasting friendships and relationships with my peers.

But I do know that this blissful senior year at SHU cannot last forever. It is by the end of this year that I will take on new responsibilities and officially enter the world as a real adult (because currently I am a fake adult). In under a year’s time I will be searching for a job that will hopefully lead to a career, and starting to pay back my dreaded student loans (Nicki, help me out)!

I hope that this year contains some or all of the following: self-love, happiness, fulfillment, and dancing. I don’t want to just dance at the bar with my friends once a week, I want to dance through my classes, through my activities, through my writing, and in my heart. I hope when I wake up in the morning that I am (metaphorically) dancing through life, dancing to the next part, next class, whatever I am doing that day.

I expect this year to be filled with a lot of quality time with the people I’ve met in college that have made it all worthwhile. I hope we all learn something from each other this year. Whether that means relating to one another in a new way or simply looking back on the friendships we’ve built and how they came to be.

I expect this year to be filled with those moments. Those moments that I cannot put into words. Those moments that would probably change things if they didn’t exist or change the way things have happened. I met one of my best friends because I noticed she was wearing a Grateful Dead necklace our freshman year, and I thought to myself, “Man, this girl is cool!” Since then, we’ve become so close and she is someone I will hold onto forever. But if I hadn’t noticed her necklace, would I have reached out? Would we be friends to this day?

I want more of those moments that will make a significant impact on me.

I am expecting to have a lot of fun this year. But I am also expecting to be prepared for what lies ahead. For that dreaded word, the future. Although I live my life moment to moment, I hope you can help me keep that peace of mind about what lies ahead and keep my excitement about it too!

And please, send me off the right way.

Let's see if you meet my expectations.

Love,

The girl who already has Senioritis!