Dear Pup

Dear Pup

The hardest goodbye is always the dog.

6
Dear Pup
Katie Rose

Dear Puppy Pal,

This whole college thing is fun and all, but I wish I could have you here. The rules about having pets here are garbage. Puppy lives matter, too! Some people go college crazy and go adopt a new pal, but I could never do that to you. Don't worry, I will be home before you know it and when mom isn't looking I will sneak you into the pile of laundry she just cleaned for me and whisk you away. I know you would never leave dad's side, but I will try to convince you anyways.

The walks here would be amazing. You could roam the entire campus every day. You would be one of the few dogs cruising around. I know you like attention like you like those treats that look like baby filet mignons but smell like rotting bacon. The squirrels here aren't afraid of anyone, so catching them won't be hard at all. I will even let you roam without your leash...until we get caught. #FreeThePup

You could sleep in all the time with me. Dad is always getting you up to take that 6 am walk, but in college, if you get up before 11 o'clock you are like the nocturnal animal walking around mid-day. People report that kind of stuff. You could sleep like a college kid with me. I would let you take up half my twin XL any night.

Us, college kids, are usually stressing out, crying, or breaking down. You would be an affection magnet. So many people would stop to pet you, my little therapist. The Rent-a-Pup days on campus are popping so, trust me, you would have endless play dates. I would have to add you to Find My Friends because I know one of my friends would steal you away for late night field trips. I know how much you love running from door to door and busting in every room so I have good news. There are 44 rooms in this sorority house. Imagine how many people you could visit over and over and over.

You could eat so much people food and Mom wouldn't be there to stop us. Dreams do come true! Most of the time I forget to feed myself to be honest. You can have my macaroni and cheese, frozen pizza, and Ramen any day. I will fill your water bowl up with Icees and we will eat treats 24/7. People will come steal away for walks all the time so calories won't even count.

There are not a lot of other dogs running around, but I will definitely set you up with that frat hound if you are about it. You are an "independent woman who don't need no man" but I'm just saying... he's pretty cute. Plus, if you really want to take one for the team, your owner would not mind the conversation starter with his. Doggy double date?

Even if you still decide to stay home with mom and dad, I know they will send me enough videos of you to make me feel like I am still there. I cannot wait to bust in the front door next weekend and have you come running.

Sincerely,

Your Far Away Owner