Dear Donald Trump,
Politics

Dear Donald Trump,

Now that you are the President elect, ...

6
Dear Donald Trump,

On Tuesday, November 8th, history would be made again. The electoral college in the United States decided that the fate of its citizens would be up to Donald Trump, a well-known business man who has never taken part in politics before beginning his campaign. His slogan, "make America great again!", has encouraged many to decide to vote for him. This is a letter to him: our current President Elect.

Dear Donald Trump,

Congratulations, I know that I now have to trust you, your Vice President Mike Pence, and the rest of the cabinet members you appoint with running this country for the next four years as of January 20th, 2017. I also have to trust the senate and supreme court to make fair decisions with laws and regulations. This same letter would have been made if it were Hilary Clinton and Kaine who won, but as a citizen of this country, I just want to voice my thoughts and questions. So here are some things that I want from you to consider as you begin your journey of running the country that I live in.

1. Please keep an open-mind about minorities

There is a lot of people who live in America; however, not everyone is White/Caucasian. There are so many people in this country with different backgrounds and cultures. They come with their own traditions and beliefs.

2. Do wars still have to be an option?

I have never liked the purpose of war. I get that in some, dire, circumstances it could be the last resort. But, I still feel as though we can try to do things without such a violent approach. However ISIS and other terrorist groups, in some cases, can be of an exception.

3. Education reform

As a prospective teacher, I am worried about what standardized testing and curriculum will be like in the country. What initiatives will you take to make sure it is fair for all students in public schools? America strives to be the number one country with education, but are there laws and regulations that you will change? Are there any that you will keep or get rid of altogether?

4. College debt

It is clearly evident that college is an important prerequisite to getting a good career. However, a majority of the population who goes to college suffer with trying to pay off their student loans. Unfortunately, this is bad for them and this country. How do you plan to help these college alumni and current students? How can you help those who will go to college in the future?

5. Feminism and equality

No feminism is not about women trying to become superior over men. No feminism does not mean I think that, just because I am a woman, I should have more rights than men. All I want is for everyone to have the same opportunities and advantages in this country. In that, I believe that there should not be a wage gap. I believe that everyone deserves to have the same protections in their beliefs and/or practices. I believe that everyone should be able to exercise their bill of rights without being penalized.

If you happen to read this, I hope that you take my points and questions into consideration as you begin being sworn into presidency. I just want what is best for everyone, including myself, in this country. Thank you.

Sincerely,

A citizen of the United States of America