dating someone who complements you

10 Things That Happen When You Start Dating Someone Who Complements Your Personality

Not a perfect match, but just right for each other.

2112
boyfriend and girlfriend dancing
Adriana Gil

The world is full of people who are searching for the "perfect" partner. Although sometimes what's right for you is not perfect, dating someone who complements you is dating someone you can grow with. Here are the 10 best things about dating someone who complements you.

1. You both get the experience new things

If you're an introvert dating an extrovert, I'm sure there have been times where you've done things you never thought you'd do, but you've loved doing them. Same goes for extroverts dating introverts. You're both pushed into doing things that help you discover more of yourself and your likes. Plus who better to experience new things with than your partner?

2. You get each other’s humor

Hopefully, in the relationship you're in, you get a spark of humor. Dating someone with the same style of humor can definitely make anyone's life better. You understand the boundaries of the jokes and you know how to make each other laugh. One joke turns into several because the humor flows from both ends.

3. You bring out the best in each other

If you complement each other, you know how to get the other person to do their best by allowing them to bring things to the table that you can help build up. Making their weaknesses stronger as they also do for you.

4. Problem solving is easier

Problems are not always clear cut on how they should be fixed, but the way you and your partner work makes you tackle problems better than before. Two minds alternating ideas and solutions to things is what brings you success.

5. Your relationship doesn’t feel forced

You don't find yourself tossing and turning at night wondering if you're in the relationship that's right for you because it just feels right. You complement each other so well, there's no real doubt in your mind. Your relationship flows naturally and it keeps getting better by the effort you put in that doesn't feel overwhelming.

6. Balance is brought by being together

When you are in a relationship with someone that complements you, you find balance in many aspects of your life. Your strengths will not be the same as your partners; therefore if you put in work to figuring out a good balance between the two of you, it will reflect on other parts of your life and not just your relationship.

7. Your separate goals complement each other

Even with the most simplest goal or the most difficult one, your goals seem to fall into place. They might be different but there is a way for both of your goals to be accomplished and you always end up figuring it out.

8. Help each other process thoughts

At times you may find yourself at loss of words. It's like you have so much to say but not a sure way of saying it. With dating someone that complements you, sometimes you don't need to stress about trying to figure out what to say, because they know what you are thinking. They know what formula to give you so that you can express yourself the way you feel is best to.

9. You understand each other's imperfections

When going into a relationship, it is important to remember that no one is perfect. There are things that you can help your partner better and they can help you better if you guys complement each other.

10. Team work makes the dream work

You have your qualities and they have theirs, but together you make something greater. You are not perfect but you're just right for each other. Taking on everyday helping each other out and sharing a beautiful thing called love.