Why It's Best To Go To The Same School As Your Significant Other

7 Reasons Going To The Same School As Your S.O. Is Far Better Than A Long-Distance Relationship

The list is endless.

113
Sam Margolis

A few days into my freshman year of college, I started dating my girlfriend, who I have now been with for almost 14 months.

Going to the same school is honestly one of the best things that could have happened to us, especially because we definitely would not even know each other otherwise. It is not only convenient location and distance-wise, but it has also brought us closer together and is the core reason for all the memories we have made together, and will continue to make for the rest of our time here as students.

Here are just a few of the many reasons why going to the same school as your significant other makes for the ultimate college experience:

1. You can see each other whenever you want.

Sam Margolis

If you both live on campus, you'll always be just a few minutes away from each other, which obviously calls for 24/7 cuddles.

2. You can celebrate holidays together (even if they fall on weekdays).

Sam Margolis

Spooky season is especially fun with your college boo.

3. It's easier to plan hangouts and go out on dates.

Sam Margolis

Spontaneous dates are the best dates.

4. You can have quiet nights in together.

Sam Margolis

I'm always down for a movie night.

5. You can see each other between classes, and even walk to your next class together.

Sam Margolis

And maybe even grab some food on campus together in between.

6. They can come over to make you feel better when you're sick.

Sam Margolis

I'm a huge baby when I get sick, so I'm grateful that my girlfriend is nearby to take care of me and bring me snacks.

7. You can cook meals together.

Sam Margolis

I couldn't tell you how many times we cooked pasta together, but it's delicious every time.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.