A Day In The Life Of A Professional Makeup Artist

What did this woman to to work with Victoria's Secret and their Angels?

67
Instagram: @mz_danger_mua

Tiphereth Danger, a 26 year old Cuban and Dominican from New York City, is a hard working woman who is now living out her dream as a makeup artist. By following her on social media, I have had the privilege to witness her continuous success as well as constant struggles she has faced within the journey to living her life long dreams. Although "Tippy" has shared her hurt due to the difficulties of living without a mother as well as living a body society may not often accept, she is still able to chase her dreams while inspiring other to do so as well. This creative, strong soul has become, in my eyes, the product of hard work paid off. From working at MAC Cosmetics to working the 2017 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show Photoshoot, Tippy has definitely not put her humble, outgoing, ambitious and elegant personality in "danger"; if anything, I'd say her personality improves by the day and her alluring personality is a danger to those who look down on her. Lucky for me, I had the honor of interviewing Tippy and learning more about her past, present and future as not only a makeup artist but a prosperous, vigorous woman; thankfully, she gave the interview her all (not that I expected anything less!) and was willing to share her secrets and thoughts on beauty, success and everything in between. And, lucky for you guys, I posted the interview below!

When did your interest in makeup start; in result, when did your career as a makeup artist begin?

My interest in makeup started since I was a child. I always painted. I love color and creating. The interest as a career truly started when I went to a performing arts high school. I always did the makeup for the cast of our productions and fell in love with the art form.

Makeup, in the eyes of many, is a form of artistry. Lots of people feel this type of art is a way for one to express their inner feelings, confidence and creativity. What is makeup for you?

Makeup for me is the perfect accessory to compliment how you feel or how you want to express yourself that day.

On Facebook and Instagram, you voice your opinion about inner beauty. From what it seems, to you, inner beauty is more important and should be more appreciated than physical beauty. What is your definition of beauty?

Inner beauty it's the best highlight you could ever wear. Self confidence, self love are alluring qualities.

The last time we spoke we discussed celebrities you have worked with and what it has been like to share your passion and talent with them in order to enhance how they perform when working towards/for their passions and talents. When we had this conversation, you said "I've met BEAUTIFUL people inside and out (who are) filthy rich and having money hasn't changed them. You take a arrogant person and give them a little fame and money and boom, nasty person". How does meeting these kinds of people change your perspective on fame?

My perspective on fame is that it's a dangerous thing to gain. Some people just don't handle it well and the ugly about them over powers and takes over in full effect. Making them very snotty, pompous, rude, and mean as if that's how your supposed to act when you achieve fame... I've met some beautiful people with luxurious beginnings and some with humble ones and when they are humble and beautiful inside the outside and their energy speaks for them they're simply gorgeous! As Lauren Hill sang, "how you gonna win, if you're not right within”?

Does it intimate you or make you second guess your career path? If not, how do you feel you will prevent this "nastiness" from happening to you?

No, it doesn't prevent me from pursuing my path at all… that's life. Your not going to like everyone and that goes both ways. That shouldn't be a reason you give up on a dream! It's unfortunate, but not a dream killer. My passion and focus trumps negativity and the foul nature of an individual. Thank God I've had very few negative experiences. My clients are lovely.

Did you ever encounter anyone who doubted your capability to become a successful makeup artist? If so, how did (or do) you deal with negativity coming from those who surround you?

Of course I have! Negative people will try to bring you down and steer you in the wrong direction. If the comments aren't constructive then they aren't useful. Take it like a grain of salt and let it season your sauce haha.

According to your Instagram page, @mz_danger_mua, you are living out many of your dreams on a daily basis. What is your definition of success?

I am living out my dreams. It's truly a blessing I work hard for everyday. Success for me is achieving my goals. Nothing is more satisfying then getting to achieve something you worked hard to get!

Do you feel your background has made it a bit more difficult to become successful and pursue your dreams?

No, I truly don't I believe my background has held me back at all. Instead, I believe it has helped me. The sounds, the colors, the smells of my neighborhood, my household, my parents homelands… it has all been very influential in my creative process.

You yourself have struggled a lot with self confidence as well as feeling beautiful throughout the past few years. Many women and men in today's society feel makeup will defeat the discomfort they feel when looking in the mirror, do you feel makeup is the solution to feeling beautiful? If not, what is?

Is makeup a solution, not entirely but, it can make you feel better. One should definitely love theirselves but I totally get waking up and feeling like crap some days! Concealer, bronzer, mascara and gloss are life changers!

You recently used social media to share your excitement when working with Victoria’s Secret Angels for the Victoria’s Secret 2017 Fashion photoshoot before they flew off to Paris. I mean, many people would say it is a great accomplishment to work for (or with) Victoria’s Secret. How did you receive this opportunity and how was the experience for you?

Last December I started working with a makeup and hair company. I was one of the few artists who were to represent the company for the photoshoot. It truly is a great accomplishment for me. It's a great opportunity and looks amazing on a resume. The angels were so sweet and extremely nice. They were definitely a pleasure to work with.

According to NY Daily News, when speaking about the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show she said, “it’s always been kind of a dream of mine, it's a very great thing to do, and it's something I'd love to do”. Now, about three years later, she is not only a very successful supermodel but this will be her second time modeling as a Victoria’s Secret Angel for their annual fashion show. What is your ultimate goal as a makeup artist and how do you plan on achieving this (or these) goal(s)?

My ultimate goal would be my work on the covers of magazines especially the September vogue issue. My plan on achieving these goals are working hard, cultivating my crafts even further, networking, and tunnel vision. Like Sean "puffy" "didn't" combs would say "can't stop won't stop".

Do you have any advice for people who are pushing towards a career in makeup artistry? Furthermore, do you have any advice for those who are pursing their dream but have doubts within theirselves?

My advice for people who plan on becoming makeup artists in the future would be to study your craft. Practice, practice, practice; it truly makes perfect. Never stop learning new techniques, network yourself and have strong work ethic! My advice to those who are planning to pursue their dreams are to never give up. Life will constantly throw you hurdles but all you have to do is jump in order to keep moving forward. Don't lose focus and represent your brand always with respect.

CONTACT Bookings.mzdanger@gmail.com FOR BOOKINGS.