Why I Write

Why I Write

My parallels between dancing and writing.
247

Writing and dance both fall under the same category for me, emotional stability and a creative drive. The subtle movements of my body resemble the subtle movements of my pencil across paper – precise yet widely interpretable.

The reasons why I dance and why I write are quite similar. They are the two things that allow me to rule out everything happening in my life, something I like to refer to as my safe haven. They both allow me to focus on the task at hand, and not have to think about what will happen after, or what happened before. Everything is in the moment. When I am writing, I experience an adrenaline through my veins, one similar to what it feels like to be on stage.

The emotional connection I have with dance is one like no other. I am able to display my stories, emotions and thoughts through intricate movements – and when I feel that dance is not letting my story reach its full potential, I always have writing to fall back on. These two passions fall hand in hand, and I could not be more thankful.

These two creative parallel passions allow me to step further out of my comfort zone with every step, and every word – both displaying such large portions of personal development.

This is why I write.