Curly Hair Problems

12 Facts Of Life When You Have Curly Hair

Don't brush it unless it's wet. Even then, you're taking a chance.

75
Gabby Sheetz

From using gallons of Suave detangler as a child to using gallons of hairspray today, my curly hair has always taken up a fair amount of my attention daily. My hair is a pain to deal with, and the amount of money I spend on hair products is outrageous. However, I wouldn't trade my curly hair for the world nowadays. Mostly because I have figured out that a little water on it in the morning has it all set to go, and I'm lazy.

But, nonetheless, here are some facts of life when your hair isn't straight or wavy but CURLY. We all know they're true.

1. You might not even own a brush because when you brush your hair it looks like it grew two feet (ESPECIALLY if it was dry)

2. Your hair looks different each day because for some reason it curls different. Each. Day. Except for that one annoying strand of hair that ALWAYS curls straight out from the side of your head. That one looks the same. 

3. People always wanna TOUCH it.

4. You do NOT want them to TOUCH it. 

5. You probably have a specific hair routine, and if you steer away from it you're done. Just bank on wearing a ponytail the next day because that is the only way you're gonna get yourself to leave the house with that frizz-ball on your head. 

6. You spend way too much money on hair mousse, hairspray, gel, etc., and it is not fair. 

7. When one of your favorite hair products is discontinued, you feel like you need to have a funeral for it. THEN, rush to every beauty supply store and find something to replace it before it comes time to do your routine again. 

8. Rain either makes your hair curl more and look fantastic OR makes your hair look INSANE and HUGE. There is no in-between.

9. You either look great in all hats or have a hard time wearing them because of how much hair you have. Again, no in-between. 

10. Braiding your hair results in thousands of tangles and you probably just end up throwing up into a bun or ponytail any way. 

11. You love your curly hair when it looks good, but hate it when it looks bad.

12. Yes, your hair is a pain, but you will always have people running up to you, saying, "I wish I had curly hair!" And THAT will always feel nice :)