12 Curly Hair Problems As Told By Princess Merida

Your hair, much like you, will not be tamed.

801

I used to hate my naturally curly hair when I was little. I thought it was weird, frizzy, and the other kids would try to pull it to make the curls bounce. So for ten years, I straightened my hair every single day. Fast forward to my freshman year of high school when I chopped my hair off and it suddenly started curling again and I decided just to leave it. I realize now, that curly hair is different and weird, but it's beautiful. No one says that more than Princess Merida, my own personal curly hair style icon.

1. "OMG, is that your natural hair?"

No, I actually have the time and energy to sit there for hours and curl my hair to make it look like this. Of course, it's my natural hair.

2. When Random People Try To Pet Your Curls

No, no. The hair is for looking, not for touching. The minute you start to touch it is the minute it starts to frizz, and it's a downward slope from there.

3. The Humidity Causes Your Hair To Be Bigger Than Your Head

It's a fact of life. Your curls have a mind of their own and will continue to grow until you get out of said humid area. Sometimes you just give up and let them grow.

4. "How Do You Do Your Hair?"

I literally just wet it. Wet it, wash it, use a gallon of conditioner and all is well.

5. When You Run Out Of Conditioner... Again.

You have to keep the curls happy and shiny, so feeding them a gallon of conditioner is the only way. If only your bank wanted your curls to be that happy.

6. Hair In Your Face? Good Luck Dealing With Bobby Pins.

Nothing can hold your curls back. There is no taming them, just letting them be is all you can do.

7. Once You Pick A Style For The Day There's No Going Back

Messy bun? You're done for the day, try tomorrow. Ponytail? Take it down and get ready for the frizz. Braids? Good luck getting those knots out.

8. When Someone Starts Coming At You With A Brush

You know a storm of frizz is just waiting to happen once that brush touches your hair. May the odds be ever in your favor.

9. Knots. Knots Everywhere.

You know that game, "The Impossible Knot"? Well, if that game were a thing on a body, it would be your hair. Good luck getting those out without any pain, tears, and a lot of time on your hands.

10. "You Should Straighten Your Hair More Often."

Yeah like I have the time and energy for that two-hour experience.

11. When Someone With Straight Or Wavy Hair Complains About Their Hair.

Girl, you're preaching to the wrong choir. Try dealing with this mane for a weak.

12. But Never Forget How Beautiful Your Curls Are.

Your curls are different, your curls are beautiful, your curls are part of what makes you, you. You are a princess, crowned in your curls, and you better not ever forget it.