Being Cuffed During Cuffing Season Doesn't Make You Better

PSA: Your Worth Is NOT Defined By Your Relationship Status, Yes, EVEN During Cuffing Season

You will always be enough for someone, even if that someone is YOU.

528

Cuffing season is here, ladies and gentlemen! This means it's the time of year that everyone seeks out a significant other simply because we're freezing and want to be held — all for the convenience of having that extra bit of warmth and reassurance that we deserve to be loved.

However, this time of year exposes us to some un-pleasantries when some achieve this "cuffing" goal and some don't. Feelings of self-doubt, worthlessness, and loneliness spike during this time simply because some weren't "lucky" enough to get cuffed. We get lonely and eat more so we can bulk up and keep warm with winter weight. We eventually sink into some type of depression and convince ourselves that we're not good enough when we see our reflections.

If you happen to fall into this category, just remember that it'll be OK. You don't need another person to hold you and give you a kiss goodnight. Because ultimately, it's important to remember that you will always be enough for someone, even if that someone is yourself.

At the end of the day, cuffing season is mainly for convenience, because according to Urban Dictionary:

During the Fall and Winter months people who would normally rather be single or promiscuous find themselves along with the rest of the world desiring to be "Cuffed" or tied down by a serious relationship. The cold weather and prolonged indoor activity causes singles to become lonely and desperate to be cuffed.

But, PLEASE don't let a season driven by desperation and low-key promiscuity, and not love, negatively affect your life and how you see yourself.

How many cuffing season romances actually turn out to be successful in the long run? Very few.

The convenience diminishes as the weather gets warmer. After all, the warmer months encourage spring cleaning and this allows people to wash themselves of their seasonal choices and revert back to their old ways, which for the most part, is totally fine.

However, if you genuinely want a relationship while cuffing season is underway, my advice is to be careful. While they may seem genuine and sweet at the time, there's always the possibility of it being too good to be true. Make sure you're on the same page with whoever you get involved with — it might save you a lot of heartache when springtime comes around.

Regardless of whether or not you get cuffed this year, remember your self-worth.

Remember to love yourself. You don't need another person to feel complete, successful, or to validate your worth.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.