Welcome To Cuffing Season

Welcome To Cuffing Season

To all my single ladies out there, put on your big sweater.

36
Welcome To Cuffing Season
Wallpaper HD

Brace yourselves, the sappy relationship posts on Instagram are about to be at an all-time high. Girls will be so hyped up on their pumpkin spice lattes that they'll post three pictures back-to-back of them and their boyfriends picking pumpkins and they will have no shame (some refer to this as "triple posting"). Welcome to fall, which is also known as cuffing season.

According to Urban Dictionary, "the cold weather and prolonged indoor activity causes singles to become lonely and desperate to be cuffed." That's right, your friend who ranted and raved all summer about how happy she was to be single will indeed be cuffed before you know it. Guys will stop direct messaging girls on Twitter for random hookups and instead they will be direct messaging their new girlfriend's mom on Facebook about their Thanksgiving plans.

Not all will be so fortunate as to fall in love as soon as the leaves change. There will be a select few of us who are still carrying on like cuffing season isn't among us. We will be few and far between, but we will form a strong front. We will post selfies with straight faces on Instagram, we will cuddle up in our big sweaters, and we will face the cold weather alone. Break-up season treated us badly and we don't want to go through that again.

To all my single girls, keep doing what you're doing. Stay single, cuddle with your body pillow, and love yourself. To all the girls who are getting cuffed as we speak, I wish you the best of luck in your relationship. Just please keep the Instagram posts to a minimum.