It's Cuffing Season, But Here's Why You Shouldn't Call your Ex

It Might Be Cuffing Season, But DO NOT Just Go Back To Your Ex Because You're Lonely

Sis, put the phone down.

32
pixabay

Lonely (adj), - sad because one has no friends or company.

When the weather starts getting colder and your bed feels like a better idea than going to class, and going out with friends you might feel a little lonely but let me tell you, texting your ex to warm up the vacant parts of your bed is not the answer.

Trust me.

I might be in a relationship of two years, and you might be cursing me out or telling me that I "have no idea what you're feeling" but listen sis, I do.

Usually cuffing season some of your exes might come out of the woodwork like roaches during the winter. Listen, don't fall for the trap. Don't get yourself all hurt again because let me tell you—this is not a sign that they want you forever.

They just want you to keep them warm during this sweater weather.

And odds are, you're probably not looking for a fling or you'd be out having yourself a one night stand.

And even if you are looking for a fling, don't take the easy way out.

Don't go back and have yourself some sloppy seconds. Odds are when the weather starts warming up, and some clothes start stripping off, they won't need YOU to keep them warm anymore.

And they'll be on their way just to give you a call next weekend.

BREAK THE CYCLE, SIS.

Your ex isn't the answer today, tomorrow or the next day. Hell, he isn't the answer for the next year. But no worries, I have the answer for you during 2018 cuffing season.

Find some friends that make sitting inside cuddling, holding a cup of hot chocolate sound more fun than going out and getting drunk and maybe drunk texting your ex to come and warm up those empty spots for you.

Find another lover than can warm them up for you and not smell like your ex.

Yeah sure, all of these sound like a little more effort than you wish you could put in but believe me.

You'll thank me later.

Here's another friendly reminder: they are an EX for a reason, you have shoved them out of your life for a reason. Just because you think that texting someone who might be there in a heartbeat sounds a little easier than making an effort with someone else does not mean that it's the smartest idea.

I mean, if it helps, block his number, and enjoy your winter?

Embrace those cold spots on your bed, someone will come for you that's not just with you for one season, but all damn four.

Turn up that heat and cuddle yourself to sleep.

You got this.