avoiding the pressure of cuffing season
Dating

Avoiding The Pressure Of "Cuffing Season"

Being strong and independent is great and all, but once Fall rolls around it's tough not to feel like you're the only single one left.

333
https://pixabay.com/en/holding-hands-couple-1149411/

Fall is officially here and that means, sweaters, scary movies, and everything pumpkin, but that also means everyone is getting into relationships. It's officially the start of what we all know as "cuffing season." The idea of having someone to cuddle with during the cold weather does seem ideal, but there are a lot of reasons as to why you don't need to feel pressured by "cuffing season."

That person you've had your eye on for the past couple of months may have finally started to turn their attention toward you-but that doesn't mean you have to feel pressured to jump into a relationship just because everyone else is or because of the season.

It's the start of a new school year and about this time in the semester is when you realize you signed up for more than you can handle and start to stress. Why add the hunt or the challenge of tying down a significant other on top of that. Focusing on maintaining a healthy mind, body, and keeping up the good grades will ultimately benefit you in the long run.

It can be hard to watch your friends go on fun dates to the apple orchard or have scary movie nights with pizza, but starting a relationship with someone out of jealousy of your friends relationship won't get you the relationship you ultimately want. If you start a relationship solely because you want to feel included, that could make you feel more alone once your friends feel the need to stop inviting you out all the time since you now have a significant other to do things with.

It's best to be open and honest with your friends if you don't feel included and miss seeing them if they are spending a lot of time with their significant others. They won't know how you feel unless you tell them.

Now, I'm not telling you to avoid cuffing season like the plague, but I'm saying that putting all your energy into the trend will get you nowhere. Avoid the title and enjoy the season for all that it is and if you happen to find that amazing person, than all the more power to you.