Why Cuffing Season Exists In Our Generation

Meaning of this developed season.

106
UnSplash

So you have packed away all of your summer clothes, put away your costume from the past Halloween party and have mingled with strangers and now you don’t know what’s next. It’s really cold outside and despite your layered body and huge comforter you're still cold. What’s missing? Well, someone to share the fall and winter season with. Sure you’re friends are there but you still want a special someone to share laughs and endless Hallmark Holiday movies with. It’s cuffing season.

Though some may argue that this so-called cuffing season began back in August it makes more sense for it to officially start in November. The sexy holidays have passed and now you're moving on to the more family-oriented holidays. Holidays that involve your family asking ‘Are you seeing anyone?” we all dread this question and blush at the thought. We either lie about it or happily say yes.

Cuffing season isn’t just a silly season people made up it holds more value than that. Cuffing season is how it sounds, like handcuffs, you are choosing a person you would like to spend this season with, this does not necessarily mean you have to be in a relationship with this person but you essentially remain loyal to that person within this season. For some, those who thought they will never start serious dating began to realize that it won't be such a bad thing to do so.

Cuffing season merely means finally tying down or settling down with someone. Winter can be bland and not much happens. Most people are going to be inside during the cold so it can be beneficial to hangout with someone you care for inside watching movies. This allows you to get to know someone more in depth. That someone will be there for you when you want. That someone could be a friend who you never thought would actually be more than that. That someone holds a special place in your heart that you want to explore. That someone can even be a stranger you right swiped on!

Cuffing season lasts from fall to winter but if all goes well those who have cuffed someone may even have a Valentine and have relationship that will only progress. Cuffing season is truly a beautiful thing, you will either be really joyful or down or somewhere in between during this cold time of year. So don’t feel afraid to open up during this time of year more than usual.