Hot Take, But PDA Is A-OK

Hot Take, But PDA Is A-OK

The thing about PDA is that it makes me feel good about myself.

44
Hot Take, But PDA Is A-OK

I never used to be the person that liked PDA, also known as, public displays of affection.

I used to cringe at the thought of someone kissing me or holding my hand in public.

I always thought it was just a bit "too much."

After being in a few relationships with people who absolutely loved PDA (and some who absolutely hated it), I have come to terms with the fact that I actually love PDA.

The person I am talking to or dating is proud to show me off. This person is proud to kiss me in front of everyone. This person is proud to hold my hand when we walk around or snuggle up next to me on a friends couch.

Also, PDA is just so sweet to me.

Sure, some people take PDA too far, but if it is done right, it feels incredible.

As plenty of people know, I am a hopeless romantic. Quick moments of affection sweep me off my feet. If I want to show affection, I should be able to do so without a second thought.

A forehead kiss can make me swoon. A squeeze of a hand makes me want to collapse. A peck on the cheek or on the lips is to die for.

Teasing each other in front of friends and family is playful. It's cute. Pet names and nicknames around other people are something I find charming.

Just because you are in public with a partner doesn't mean you have to switch to formalities, just for the sake of other people.

Just because you are in public doesn't mean you have to stop calling me "babe" or "honey," on the off chance someone is actually listening to us.

I don't necessarily condone over the top public displays of affection. I personally do not love seeing couples make out in front of me.

I don't like when couples play grab-ass in front of me or make it insanely obvious that they want to get a little freaky later.

I do, however, condone affection. Whether it is in public or not, the idea that all sorts of affection and pride in your partner are removed once you step out the door is silly to me.

Sure, PDA is not everyone's cup of tea, but it sure is mine.

Related Articles Around the Web