An Open Letter To My Future Maid Of Honor

Because I couldn't imagine anyone else by my side.

132
Antoinette Crespo

To My Future Maid Of Honor...

First and foremost, I don't think you actually know how much you mean to me. No matter how many stupid things I've done, how many times you've purposely pushed me down the stairs or what goals I have me eyes on you are one of the people who will always be standing by my side until the end of the day. No matter how many days or weeks we go without having an actual conversation( I don't think snapchat and tagging you in things on Facebook actually counts here), I know you will always be there for me until the end. Thanks for being my forever friend since the beginning, 17 years to be exact.

Who would have thought out of all the people who have passed in and out of my life, you would be the one standing next to me today? When I thought about my dream wedding, I will honestly say I didn't think you'd be the one right next to me today and fast forward to today, many years later and things sure did change. It seems like just yesterday we were meeting back in preschool and now here we are, on my wedding day. We not only grew a part over the years, but we grew so much closer too. They say, friends are the family you choose for yourself and that couldn't be any more true. You are the little sister I never had, and if you want to get technical you are younger than me.

Let's face the truth for a second though, you're going to know the exact moment he asks way before I do, and hopefully if it is done right, you will be involved and be there when it happens. Okay, so I may not have gotten any ring yet, but let's face it, you and I both know eventually one day it will come. You may not have expected me to ask you to be the one to stand next to me as I get married, but I couldn't picture anyone else. Just as a warning now before you agree to the job, picking out the dress is going to be an experience of a lifetime for you and I'm sorry way in advance for what you'll have to deal with. I know you will accept the job as my Maid of Honor when I do officially ask you one day, and I promise I will be as creative as I can get since I'm kind of telling you now. And we will take an adventure through the planning process without killing each other to much. I think everyone would appreciate it if we made it to the wedding.

Life sure has taken us on a different kind of friendship, but I'm grateful for it. I don't know anyone else who has a friendship like ours in the way it happen, but it's something I will always treasure about us. Thanks for loving me as much as you did at four years when we first met, at fourteen when we found each other again to today in our twenties. I know we don't talk about our futures at all ( because we know they will be amazing), but I'm proud to call you one of my best friend and the one who will be standing next to me on my wedding day! There is no doubt in my mind that you are going to be one awesome elementary school teacher that little children will look up to you as much as we look up to Mrs.Zanni! Going from doing every theatre show in high school together to once we know it I'll be hours and miles away is kind of scary, but I know and am confident that we will become even closer than we are now because of it. And hey, I will accept visitors! Thank you for supporting me and cheering me on in this big change in my life as its just starting(and as of today, January 12, 2017 I'm 1.2 pounds away to my max weight).

Looking toward the future, I only hope and know you find everything you want out of life and more! You deserve bigger than the world Gina and I'm happy I'll be able to see all the amazing things happen in your life. I can't wait for the day you make it to Broadway, because I know it will happen one day (I'm allowed to have super high hopes for you). Do whatever makes you happy, no matter how big or small it is and never lose sight of your dreams. You've got dreams and you've got the right to protect them with all you got! Things may not land right into place along the way, but never settle for anything less than amazing. But always remember when life gets weird and crazy, I will always be right there next to you!

Thank you one last time for being my best friend, right hand man, partner in crime and now that you know future maid of honor. Thank you for making me look decently normal in high school, even though we both know that is no where near true for the two of us. Thank you for openly allowing me to annoy you all those times in high school. And lastly and most important, thank you for being the one by my side from age four till death. I know we don't hangout as much as we should because life is happening, but we will see each other soon and hangout plenty before we know when I'm leaving, and that's a promise.

Thanks for being our amazing best friend! I would say mine, but you've already accepted Sean with only meeting him once thus far. That one day he got a theatre reference of mine I knew you would approve of him, so I guess you can say he passed the most important test of yours. You've brought in another crazy into your life and I kind of hope you are ready. Here's to a lifetime of being annoyed by the two of us! Love you always! Also, I extremely love this picture, so it was just another reason to use it again.