Confessions Of A *Sophisticated* Picky Eater
food

Some foods aren't meant to be eaten.

64

Hello, my name is Lauren Davis and I am a picky eater.

No, I'm not one of those people who goes out and only eats chicken tenders and fries. I'd like to think I'm more sophisticated than that (LOL). I will eat many different foods and try new things when I'm out to eat. However, there are foods that I will never, ever eat and I imagine I will keep this energy towards these foods for the rest of my life.

Here are a few things that I do not like to eat and my number rule for eating.

The first food that people are surprised that I don't eat is macaroni and cheese. People assume it's because I haven't had the right macaroni and cheese but every so often, I taste a little bit and I still don't like it.

One of my favorite dishes to make is a buffalo chicken pasta bake and my friends always claim it tastes like mac and cheese with buffalo chicken. I think they are two completely different dishes and if the only reason I like "mac and cheese" is because it has buffalo chicken in it, then I still would not like mac and cheese.

I also don't eat cooked eggs. Scrambled, deviled, or even boiled, I will not eat them unless they're being mixed into a dessert mix. The worst is when people put eggs in their potato salad. How dare you deceive people like that? Eggs also smell awful when they've been cooked and the smell makes me gag. I hate being in a restaurant that serves breakfast all the time or for breakfast and people I'm eating with get eggs.

I love hamburgers! They're a great meal and are a staple in restaurants or the family barbecue. Nine times out of 10, I will eat them ONLY with ketchup and mustard. Nothing more, nothing less. On the other hand, if it's a cheeseburger, I will eat it with ketchup, mustard, AND bacon. Who doesn't love bacon on anything? It makes everything better.

The only other exception to my two condiment rule is if the restaurant makes a special sauce for their burger, I've never been disappointed by secret sauces.

Side note: I will only eat ketchup and mustard on my hotdog unless there is chili. If there is chili, I will only put chili on the hotdog, no ketchup or mustard.

I'm also not a big fan of spicy foods but I'm getting better at expanding my taste palette and embracing the heat. I recently made boneless wings and covered half in buffalo sauce. I actually did not think the sauce was that hot compared to my friends who love spicy foods and eat them frequently. I still have to have water or some ranch to cool down my mouth after eating spicy chips.

My number one picky eating habit is that my food must not touch. There are people who say, "It all goes to one place." My argument for that is: yes it's true all your food does end up in your stomach but, that does not mean I want it to be mixed together beforehand. The only time its acceptable for my food to touch is when it's spaghetti or chicken alfredo because the pasta is supposed to be mixed with the sauce.

While this article is just me complaining about foods that I don't like, eating is VERY important. You only get one body in your lifetime so make sure you fill it with nourishing and healthy foods!