Reasons To Pour Milk In The Bowl Before The Cereal
food

Yes, Milk First, Then Cereal

Milk should go in the bowl first before the cereal. I said it.

2561
Yes, Milk First, Then Cereal

A fascinating part about humanity is how any person is allowed to hold his/her respective opinions about any topic. Even though that person may be the only believer in such an opinion, the person is entitled to his/her thoughts as long as it is not factually incorrect or it is dehumanizing in some form. Whether it be being that one listener of 1800s classical music when everyone else listens to rap and pop or being that one old fashioned person who prefers typewriters rather than modern computers, these opinions significantly vary.

Today, I am here to make my case for a very unpopular opinion which may anger several people: milk should go in the bowl first before the cereal.

1. You get a clearer idea of how much you will eat

I'm sure we all have had instances when pouring cereal first, we don't realize just how much we are eating until it is too late. It just seems that every bowl is deceptive to the human eye in that fashion. As a result, we eat more than we would like and may even incur food coma on ourselves in the morning. By pouring milk before the cereal, however, we can accurately pour the desired amount of cereal since we can visibly see where the milk ends. Instead of already determining your fate as to how many calories you will intake, you can specifically measure just how much cereal you want down to the last grain.

2. You maximize the taste of every cereal

Let's say that you are a slow eater or like eating your food at an enjoyable pace. Perhaps you had to do a quick errand in the middle of your breakfast. By letting more and more time, you are letting your cereal become soggier by the minute. Termed as "moisture toughening," the cereal goes through this process quicker if you let the cereal become downed by the milk immediately rather than letting some cereal bits float atop. Ultimately, you will end up with soggier cereal at the end of your breakfast if you pour cereal before milk. Of course, we would like for our cereal to be saturated, but there's a difference between saturating and dousing cereal in milk.

3. You get a mixed taste of two worlds

As mentioned before, there will be some cereal parts floating on the top of your milk at the initial stages of your breakfast. Why not take the rare opportunity to have cereal in milk AND out-of-the-box cereal at the same time? We all have eaten cereal "raw" before — and I guarantee that all of you guys enjoyed it. Combining a rare mixture of taste and texture would definitely create a more lively experience than you anticipated

Regardless of what your preference may currently be, I strongly request that you consider these points and actually try milk before cereal. Who knows, you may be embarking on a revolutionary experience to your breakfasts that you never would have experienced.